Possible to make downloadable vouchers?

Post by dmlwebal »

Joomla 3.9.12
PHP 7.2
Phoca Cart 3.4
Premiere template base
Gantry 5

Hi,
I see that there is a download option in Phoca but is it possible to make a store voucher (like gift voucher in store) and make it a download product? This would then require thw voucher to have the ability to add to cart checkout and reduce the price.

I know that there are coupons but wondered if anyone had figured out how to make unique online gift vouchers this way?

My client has asked if this function is possible for Christmas time.

Regards
David
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Possible to make downloadable vouchers?

Post by Jan »

Hi, yes, for now there is no voucher system, only coupon but you can use the coupon as voucher as you can assign the copoun to customer group - e.g. to group which will include only one user - so in fact assign to each user.

The coupon string can be easily changed to voucher when needed.
Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
dmlwebal
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Post by dmlwebal »

Hi Jan,

Ok I can see how that would work. I think though that, specifically, the client wants a voucher that can be purchased and sent to an email address for that individual's personal use against a future purchase.
I realise that this is more complicated and therefore do not expect a free answer! But I shall try your suggestion to see if it can be used.
Regards
David
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi,
yes, there are many different problems. Like when you buy the voucher (this is not a problem as it can be just sell as a product), how to assign it to some future customer if such does not exists yet. In fact when some user buy a voucher for another user, you cannot check the user, only the ID of the voucher.

So, e.g. this will be a little bit more work but you can create coupons with different codes, assign only one use for each coupon and then create products assigned to these coupons. So when user buys such product, he/she will get the number of coupon he/she can use. And yes, some little customization needs to be done, e.g. to send the code to user, etc.

:idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project