How to set up two warehouses

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
x-user
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

How to set up two warehouses

Post by x-user »

The goods are in two warehouses. How to write off stock when buying from a selected warehouse

Tags:
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: How to set up two warehouses

Post by Jan »

Hi, for now, there is no option to check two different warehouses. So there is only one stock, so this feature needs to be customized :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
x-user
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by x-user »

I really need this feature in the current project. When I did the first store, at my request, a Sberbank payment plugin was written, now there are two delivery plugins in operation, if I do not set up two warehouses now, I’ll really upset the customer ...
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, for now, I don't have any experiences on how the feature with two warehouses work? Is this feature a part of standard e-commerce extensions? I think, such feature for now needs to be customized for specific needs, mayb you can ask developers of the plugins if they have some experiences with two warehouses. It is even a part of the ecommerce website, maybe this is done by external warehouses which just send info about the stocks there and such info is imported in eshop (without any feature to do two stocks - they just import the stock information from warehoses) ... so really hard to give any advice because of no experiences:

1) does the eshop somehow manage the two warehouses
2) or ask just some service which communicate with different warehouses and then it just send information based on different informaiton
:idea:

Jan
x-user
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by x-user »

The store sells goods having two warehouses in different cities, when buying goods, the warehouse is selected from the nearest city. Now it works on an outdated platform and there is a choice of two warehouses, each with its own inventory, when placing an order, goods are written off at the selected warehouse. Now I am moving this store to Phoca cart and this feature is very necessary. Product accounting is one of the main functions of the component, how can plugins help here? Here you need a solution from the component.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, really hard to say as I don't have any experiences with two stocks:

So this can be customized:

a) external - so on some external server, there is some coordination between two stocks and the output is always one number which will be somehow imported to Phoca Cart
b) or to cusomize and modify completely Phoca Cart for two stocks - but there must be different rules - like what to display, if something is not on stock A, display stock B, or display both of them, some rule for managing the stock when ordering the product (to know from which stock it will be taken), etc. So in fact completely new feature needs to be done and of course it needs to work with products but event with advanced stock management (products including attributes and options) ... but this is really some task for modifying it for some specific project :idea:

Jan
x-user
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by x-user »

I think my project is not unique and such a function could be useful to many people, now without this function I will have to either abandon the Phocha cart and look for where it is implemented or wait for implementation in this component.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok, anyway it will be great if you get some more new information, to share it - to know what is the best way to implement this feauture - if to have external service for this which only gives you one number of stock and e.g. the information that is is accessible on stock A or stock B or if this is a part of the eshop directly :idea:

Jan
x-user
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by x-user »

Such functionality is implemented in OpenCart 2.3, OCStore 3.0 without external services, here is an exampleImage , need in this form. If this is impossible to do in Phoca cart, unfortunately I have to transfer everything to OCStore 3.0, there are already ready-made delivery plugins, payments and other functions that are not yet in Phoca Cart and which are needed in my project.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, I have added it into the feature request list, but really no idea when I will be able to take a look at it, so for now if you have other option, maybe this will be better way.

Jan