Using PhocaGallery with PhocaCart

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
shibumi
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Using PhocaGallery with PhocaCart

Post by shibumi »

Okay, so I've set up PhocaCart, and also installed and set up PhocaGallery as I learned you can link PhocaGallery photos to PhocaCart products - ie selling digital photos - how hard would it be to link to the PhocaCart products SKU instead of ID?

I have all of my photos in this filename format: customname-imagenumber.jpg, for example, 6DMkII-3948.jpg and I set the SKU to the filename without the extension like this: SKU = 6DMkII-3948... so, as I plan to potentially have hundreds of photos in my online store, having to find and link to the product ID instead of being able to use the product SKU will be very time consuming.

Since my naming convention for each product in PhocaCart will be simplified by using the actual file name as the product title/name and the SKU, and setting image dimensions as the attributes for each product, and PhocaGallery will also use the same naming convention for image title, being able to just copy and paste the image title into the PhocaCart product link would be so much easier...
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Using PhocaGallery with PhocaCart

Post by Jan »

Hi, in fact this will be hard to implement because products in Phoca Cart or Joomla! or anywhere else are displayed base on ID. So in fact this will require modifying the core routing system to accept SKU instead of ID and in such case the accesing the products with ID will not work as they both cannot work together because, for example, get product with "24504" - How will the system recognize of tis is ID or SKU?

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
shibumi
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by shibumi »

I see your point... even though I'm using letters in my SKU, others may not... I suppose I could manually edit my database entries to make the ID the same as my SKU - a lot less practical, but would that work?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, no IDs are auto increment integers which cannot be the same like text fields (SKU) Even SKU can be transformed to integer, there is a problem with autoincrement :-(

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
shibumi
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by shibumi »

Wasn’t sure, but figures it would be like that...