Added coupon cannot be used - it is either invalid, expired or reached it's usage limit

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
shibumi
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Added coupon cannot be used - it is either invalid, expired or reached it's usage limit

Post by shibumi »

Created a brand new coupon and saved it applied to one category only...
When adding a valid product from that category to the cart, and entering the coupon code, and saving payment option, I get this error message:

Cart Updated

The coupon is not invalid, has not expired, nor is there a usage limit on the coupon.

I have product variants for each item, and Quantity Rule (Product Variations) is set to no. I think I had a coupon work once, and now every coupon does this. I have checked to make sure it is published, and it shows as active in my Coupons list. I need to get this fixed as I have a photoshoot that I need to upload and offer a coupon for certain images to be downloaded for free. I am offering my smaller sized, $10 photos with a $10 off coupon so they can get the image for free, but also offering the other sizes available for them to purchase as well if they so wish to purchase other photos.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Added coupon cannot be used - it is either invalid, expired or reached it's usage limit

Post by Jan »

Hi, which version of Phoca Cart do you use?

Is the category published? Accessible for the user?

Unfortunately without debuding directly on the site it is hard to say what can prevent from adding the cuopon the the system :-(

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
shibumi
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Re: Added coupon cannot be used - it is either invalid, expired or reached it's usage limit

Post by shibumi »

Hey Jan,

PhocaCart 3.3.1
Joomla 3.9.10
Gantry5
PHP 7.3

The category is published and accessible to public, main product has no price, but has 4 variants with 4 different prices.
No tax, no exchange rate, PayPal standard - currently in sandbox mode

I think it did work when I wasn't in sandbox mode, but not 100% sure

Jeff
shibumi
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by shibumi »

well, turning off sandbox mode to live mode had no effect, still get "Added coupon cannot be used - it is either invalid, expired or reached it's usage limit".

Tried adding a second coupon, no valid from date, expiry date set to December 31, 2019 - still no joy... :x
So added a valid from date and other settings as shown below...

General Options set to:

Code: Select all

Title *			Test
Coupon Code *		test
Discount		100 (tried with $10 fixed amount as well)
Calculation Type	Percentage
Access			Public
Customer Group	Default
Rules set to the following (set high available quantities for testing):

Total Amount			10
Minimum Quantity		0
Available Quantity		1000
Available Quantity (Customer)	1000
Products			(left empty)
Product Filter			include
Categories			Digital Photos (only want applied to one category)
Category Filter			include
Free Shipping			no
Free Payment			no
Publishing Options:

Valid From		2019-08-11
Valid To		2019-12-31
Published		Published
Language		All
Category settings:

Title *		Digital Photos
Alias		digital-photos
Image		6dmkii-2-139.jpg <Select Image>
Parent Category	- Select Category - (this is a top category)
Type		Online Shop Only
Ordering	1. Digital Photos
Access		Public
Customer Group	Default
Another issue, if item in cart is free, ie $0.00 total in cart, as soon as submit order, sends email with download link, which is fine, but still goes to paypal page, and errors out... if I set paypal minimum order to $1.00 to bypass $0.00 orders, I get no payment method is selected... :x :x
shibumi
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by shibumi »

Are there not better options for strictly digital downloads? For one, there is no shipping required, so do not need the shipping address, and since there is no physical product, stock management when selling digital downloads is also not needed as you are just selling the same image file again and again...

I see a lot of great features and functionality in PhocaCart, but I'm having so many problems at the moment and would like to get it working by this weekend so I can offer my $10 photos with a single-use per customer $10 off coupon...

Really hope we can get this sorted out... even if I have to set up an admin login for you to get into my admin page to look at things under the hood...
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, you can disable stock checking in option and you can set own form fields in address, so you can disable the fields you don't need.

As I wrote without deguging on the server, it is hard to detect something. The Payment medhod does not influence the coupon feature. Are you able to send me the super user account e.g. per PM so I can take a look at it.

Testing now on my test server products with zero price and coupon, see no problem there :idea:

Jan
shibumi
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by shibumi »

I sent you a pm...

I was talking about a $0.00 cart total... you still have a total amount
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, sorry, for now I don't understand, if you have 0 in cart, there is no option to get sale with coupon to zero amount :idea: Coupon can be applied to some amount not to a zero amount :idea:

On the screenshots there are two prices to demonstrate that the product price in zero and the price set for the first variant is done by the attributes.

Basic Price ... 0
Attribute selected +30
Coupon 10% Sale -3
Total = 27

Jan
shibumi
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by shibumi »

Okay, so I have photos I sell for $10 in a specific category that only certain customers are entitled to get one $10 photo for free. I tried to set a coupon for $10 (which still is not working) so I set an item discount of $10 on the item details.

The idea that I want to do is allow the customer to apply a coupon for $10 to cover the price of the $10 photo only. Having other photo sizes available to purchase at the time of checkout is still there, but if they only want their free $10 photo, they apply the coupon, checkout and be able to download their free $10 photo. They would only be able to use the coupon once or twice, but no more.

Cart Scenario 1 - just free photo

Photo SKU1223344
	Photo Attribute 1280x720	  $10.00
	$10 Coupon Applied 		- $10.00

Total					  $ 0.00
I want the customer to be able to checkout, and get their download link to their free photo. Which kind of works in that as soon as they submit/confirm the order, they get the email with the download link - just PayPal gives an error because it is trying to bill a $0.00 amount. Funny thing is, I've purchased free trials that went through PayPal before that were $0.00 amounts...

Cart Scenario 2 - Other photo(s) and their free photo

Photo SKU1223344
	Photo Attribute 1280x720	  $10.00
	Coupon Applied			- $10.00

Photo Attribute 2560x1440	  $25.00

Total					  $25.00
This scenario works fine as the total is more than $0.00 (well, except for the fact that coupon is still not working for me)

But if cart total is $0 (they still get an email with download link) PayPal gives a generic error. I tried to set PayPal amount rule -> lowest amount to $1.00 to avoid $0 purchases, but since PayPal is my only method of payment it tells me no payment method selected. I am only ever selling direct download image files, so I don't need or use any other payment method.

Tested this sort of workaround to the $0.00 cart total:
I set up a new payment method with no payment type, with amount rule set to lowest amount $0.00 and highest amount $0.99 and that actually allowed me to process a $0.00 payment. It also will only show up if the cart total is under $0.99 and PayPal will only show up if the cart total is over $1.00

One issue solved... now for the coupon issue...
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, yes, in case the price is zero, the best way is to set that the PayPal will be not used.

Testing now the coupon. When you have price 0 + 10 (Attribute) and you apply a coupon of 10 then the total is zero: