Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
shibumi
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Re: Paypal: Always status "pending"

Post by shibumi »

Would this have anything to do with default order status in:

Code: Select all

Options -> Calculation -> Checkout -> Default Order Status ?
Mine was set to confirmed, and all orders always stay in confirmed.

I have sandbox mode off and did 2 live tests that payment is sent to PayPal fine, but order stays in "Confirmed" status until I manually change it in the back end. Also, there is no confirmation email sent to the buyer confirming the order. I do however receive an email to my PayPal email account letting me know that a successful payment was made for the order, just not to my buyers email account.

Would changing the Default Order Status to Completed make all orders complete without verifying PayPal payment?

Thanks,

Jeff
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, Default Order Status is the status which will be set directly after ordering.
If you then use e.g. PayPal, then it depends on PayPal options which status will be set when you get some information from PayPal Server.

Example:
- Default Orders Status is set to "Pending"
- When order is done, it is set to "Pending"
- When it is payed per PayPal, Paypal sends some specific status to your server and your server will change it per the Payment Method Options:

E.g. PayPal send "Completed" status to your server and you have assigned Phoca Cart "Completed" status to PayPal "Completed" status, so the Phoca Cart Status will be automatically changed to "Completed"

And then of course, you can change the status manually.

Email - it depends on the status which sends the emails - so if the status will be changed to "Completed" (it does not matter if manually or per PayPal server) the email will be send if it is set in status (email to customer, email to others like vendors, etc.)

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
shibumi
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by shibumi »

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the reply... oaky, so, I'm not talking about the default status in PayPal Payment Method Option settings, I already have the Completed Status set to Completed, as well as the Processed Status set to Completed, Pending Status is set to Pending - I'm talking about the full Phoca Cart Options, Calculation tab, Checkout Section -> Default Order Status... whether I have it set to Pending, Confirmed, or any other status, it does not change upon completion of payment through PayPal.

I am turning on logging to run a couple more tests and see if I can see what is happening.

Also, here is my scenario/setup - I am setting up a store to sell digital images in various sizes and quality, there will never be any "physical" product that will ever be shipped, all items will always be digital downloads, so I don't need to capture shipping addresses. Shoppers just choose one or multiple photos and add them to their cart, check out, and pay with PayPal, once payment confirmed, they are provided with the download link to the individual photos they purchased - side note here: it would be awesome if shopper has multiple photos purchased that the files would be combined in a single zip file for shopper to download instead of having to download photos individually, although I guess that would circumvent maximum downloads allowed.

Lastly, I could not find where you were referring to with regards to the email confirmation settings. <- Found it... :)

Thanks,

Jeff
store: https://canadianshowcar.ca/store/buy-photos
shibumi
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by shibumi »

Okay, logging enabled, ran another test purchase... getting this error:

Payment - PayPal Standard - ERROR and Payment - PayPal Standard - ERROR (Listener Error) with this message: cURL error: [60] SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate

Do I need to turn off some feature? Disable "Set if curl should verify the authenticity of the peer's certificate or not"?

*EDIT* I turned off the Verify SSL Certificate (Set if curl should verify the authenticity of the peer's certificate or not) and wouldn't you know it? the darn thing changed status from pending to completed and provided a "Working" download link to the digital image download!

That being said, is this an important feature to have enabled? I do have a "free" SSL cert on my server, but albeit a cPanel provided SSL. could that be why it fails to change statuses?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

shibumi
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by shibumi »

Spent the better part of the night researching and testing this to no avail... still not working, apparently has something to do with a missing ROOT 1 CA Cert that cant be installed on a shared server at this time.

Also, having an issue with Coupons that are valid, but telling me is invalid after 1 use? Tells me: Added coupon cannot be used - it is either invalid, expired or reached it's usage limit - and none of these conditions apply

General Options
Discount -> 100
Calculation Type -> Percentage
Access -> Public
Customer Group -> Default

Rules
Total Amount -> 0
Minimum Quantity -> 0
Available Quantity -> 0
Available Quantity (Customer) -> 0

Publishing Options
Valid From -> 2019-07-30
Valid To -> 2019-12-31
Published -> Yes
Language -> All
jourdaon
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by jourdaon »

Hello Jan,

I have exactly the same problem, I test all Paypal configurations with the Sandbox and the status does not change, it remains in pending, cons I have an error message in the system log, despite the transaction happened without a problem.

Can this serve you?

Payment - PayPal Standard - ERROR

https://www.misso-shop.com/index.php?
option=com_phocacart&view=response&task=response.paymentnotify&type=paypal_standard&pid=2&tmpl=component

Order Id: 27
Txn Id: 4M571896D29697302
Total amount in eshop: 47.25919
Total amount on PayPal: 47.26

Report: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[08/05/2019 1:47 PM] - https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr (curl)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HTTP/1.1 100 Continue

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2019 13:47:19 GMT
Server: Apache
X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN
Set-Cookie: c9MWDuvPtT9GIMyPc3jwol1VSlO=hlpZESZ-o65F40ILSn0W4Qb9E-V4PjKZG2tbHL8029g6bOK7aF0rvODig16QaXSJrwT2vLjU_mPsjpntse9oJNR-x0FWWKcqADBmYlAOWcRiwet5cg0CBSAS028eAstDLIVJKccOWJryRYsvov9uA9rleGvaMNrnePykFK4RLPzvqB3EvyEa8JNbWt6xgC6QsFxsE_bJcwCrpESKn0BfzSVmqKT93hekrIgg5rf1vvneuW5tye7oXkhaO-6Cwh6Hfk72gjj37FQN3oPUoN6TW2WtW90fpzjZUmPPP4KqzZ6ynJaJbgjT6u7ad4n8RrkKqlsHjIIsgfH7lVznKjFEk5n6nhTQ0wjw0R-QNMJJmkIE1L8bsYFL2EuyWGo09M0KB30bucEOu4BeYBNGEVrxmN7L8nGHbPe1BEl9D0; domain=.paypal.com; path=/; Secure; HttpOnly
Set-Cookie: cookie_check=yes; expires=Thu, 02-Aug-2029 13:47:20 GMT; domain=.paypal.com; path=/; Secure; HttpOnly
Set-Cookie: navcmd=_notify-validate; domain=.paypal.com; path=/; Secure; HttpOnly
Set-Cookie: navlns=0.0; expires=Wed, 04-Aug-2021 13:47:20 GMT; domain=.paypal.com; path=/; Secure; HttpOnly
Set-Cookie: Apache=10.72.108.11.1565012839798350; path=/; expires=Wed, 28-Jul-49 13:47:19 GMT
Vary: Accept-Encoding,User-Agent
Connection: close
HTTP_X_PP_AZ_LOCATOR: sandbox.slc
Paypal-Debug-Id: aa5e3e4ebc2af
Set-Cookie: X-PP-SILOVER=name%3DSANDBOX3.WEB.1%26silo_version%3D1880%26app%3Dappdispatcher%26TIME%3D1731414109%26HTTP_X_PP_AZ_LOCATOR%3Dsandbox.slc; Expires=Mon, 05 Aug 2019 14:17:21 GMT; domain=.paypal.com; path=/; Secure; HttpOnly
Set-Cookie: X-PP-SILOVER=; Expires=Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:01 GMT
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=63072000

VERIFIED
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mc_gross 47.26
invoice FC201900027
protection_eligibility Eligible
address_status confirmed
item_number1
payer_id 3XZJKSJP37XGC
address_street saly carrefour
payment_date 06:47:12 Aug 05, 2019 PDT
payment_status Pending
charset windows-1252
address_zip 23002
first_name test
address_country_code US
address_name test buyer
notify_version 3.9
custom 27
payer_status verified
business misso-shop-facilitator@outlook.com
address_country United States
num_cart_items 1
address_city Saly
verify_sign AN5dvMzgbTsBV6grkY.xVn8oo9MNABt.kqOgLj1e-NxAobSsULNgEpRK
payer_email misso-shop-buyer@outlook.com
txn_id 4M571896D29697302
payment_type instant
last_name buyer
item_name1 Cheveux 8
address_state
receiver_email misso-shop-facilitator@outlook.com
shipping_discount 0.00
quantity1 1
insurance_amount 0.00
receiver_id 9PWXWVWYUA3R4
pending_reason multi_currency
txn_type cart
discount 0.00
mc_gross_1 47.26
mc_currency EUR
residence_country US
test_ipn 1
shipping_method Default
transaction_subject
payment_gross
ipn_track_id 41f95227e2823

Regards,
Thierry
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi,

Coupon:
Hmmm, testing now, applied the coupon for two different orders and no problem there :idea:

Can you paste a screenshot of the checkout to see the total/subtotal there?

jourdaon
What is your rounding setting?
Seems like 2 decimal. Not sure why PayPal is telling you that your amount is: Total amount in eshop: 47.25919 when the form sending the info to PayPal includes following variables:

mc_gross 47.26
mc_gross_1 47.26

:idea:
jourdaon
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by jourdaon »

Hello Jan,

Well, so after investigation, thanks to the track you gave me, I tried everything and I realized that it came from the exchange rate which was not correct.

Two numbers in excess! After this fix, more errors and status is passed to Confirmed!
So, to our friends, pay attention to the formatting of the exchange rate for multiple currencies and sites where you will get this information!

Other info that can be useful to all, with PayPal, I had a problem of currencies not recognized by PayPal, including the CFA Franc.
Well, for not having this problem, just click on a recognized currency before PayPal payment, Phoca Cart converted without problem the currency in the cart and the transaction can be done. It just requires a little explanatory message for the customer.

Thanks Jan,
You are a champion!

Regards,
Thierry
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok, great to hear it.

Jan