POS cart

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
jrjr
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

POS cart

Post by jrjr »

I have the Premiere and the POS templates installed. POS template is set only for the POS. I also have tried assigning the POS template to the entire site. When in the POS page, I click on a product and it takes me to the product displayed on the online store. When I add it to cart it adds it to the online cart only. I cannot add a product to the POS cart. I do have a vendor and I am logged in as that vendor. What am I missing? :x
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: POS cart

Post by Jan »

Hi, POS template is made only for POS - so not tested on normal e-shop website. Really hard to say, what is wrong there, when you click on the product, are you in POS view or in category/items/item view in online shope. When you are inside POS, there is no link to e-shop, clicking on product means adding a product to POS cart.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
jrjr
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Post by jrjr »

So what you are saying is that POS cannot be used on same site as E Shop - correct?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, yes, the main function of POS is to add the option to the e-shop to sell items in your brick and mortar store. So you sell the products online in your e-shop and offline in your brick and mortar store - in one Phoca Cart instance.

But if the item is added to cart in POS, it is not displayed in cart of online shop, it is just added by vendor in POS not by customer in online shop.

Jan
jrjr
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Post by jrjr »

I wiped out my test site and put in fresh instance. I will try again.
jrjr
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Post by jrjr »

Nope still not working. I added a new product with no attributes to see if attributes were the issue but clicking that item in POS still takes me to e-shop. Then I added a new category as POS only and put the new product in that category only. Still takes me to e-shop when I click it in POS. Item is NOT added to POS cart, it just sends me to the product page in e-shop. Very strange

Also getting errors in POS such as:
Notice: Undefined index: zero_attribute_price in /ZZZ/ZZZZXX/XXXXXX/www/site2.lakeshoreleather.com/components/com_phocacart/layouts/attribute_options_box.php on line 49

Another curiosity.... I have 2 users - both are super users in this site. When logged in as user 1 it shows user 1 as a vendor. When logged in as user 2 it shows user 2 as a vendor. In either profile I cannot add a second vendor that is different than the logged in user. A second one is saved but it is saved with the logged in user's name regardless if I select the other user.
jrjr
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Post by jrjr »

I started over from scratch. New Joomla install and all associated Phoca cart software. So far its working as designed.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok, great to hear it.