Can't add vendor

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
mweber54
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Can't add vendor

Post by mweber54 »

For some reason I can't add a vendor in Phoca Cart including myself as super user. I've tried everything I could think of with no success. What could be causing this? I checked all of the settings under options.
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Can't add vendor

Post by Benno »

Hi,
at first you need to setup a user:
backend --> Users --> Manage --> Add New User
second you need to choose this user (to make her/him Phoca Cart Vendor):
backend --> Component --> Phoca Cart --> Vendors --> New --> General Options --> ID
Save & Close

Kind regards,
Benno
mweber54
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by mweber54 »

That does not work! It won't save or cancel. The whole vendor section just goes dead and have to hit the back button to get out of it and return to the main area.
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

Hi,
Do you receive error messages when setting 'Error Reporting = Maximum' and 'Debug System = Yes'?
Is this a fresh Phoca Cart v3.1.5, or an older one that has been updated?
Have you tried to install Phoca Cart again? Do not uninstall anything just install over the existing version. (But make a complete backup before)

Kind regards,
Benno
jrjr
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Post by jrjr »

I have the same trouble. Just installed the POS template and cannot add a vendor. I did as you suggested above but It would not install the downloaded package zip - I had to use 'install from web' and then update it to the current version of phoca cart. Also had to reinstall the template. This was a working copy of my active store with the Premiere template installed. I did assign all pages to the POS template.

When clicking save in the add vendor screen or 'save and new' or 'save and close' or 'cancel' it freezes and no response. Have to use the back button to get out. Error reporting at Maximum but no errors displayed.

I have 3 users registered on the site and they all behave the same way. 2 are super users and one is registered.

Also checked DB - Database table structure is up to date.

Edit
I wiped out my test site and installed a fresh copy of my live site, installed the POS template, enabled it on all pages, enabled POS. Tried to add a vendor and still the same thing..... no response on vendor page when clicking save. Seems like an issue writing to DB maybe

I also tested on live site but cannot add a vendor. This has never had the POS template installed or POS enabled.

Another thing that I noticed is when I try to select a 'Force payment method' or 'Force shipping method' in the POS screen there are no options available to select even though I do have some set up in regular store.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi,

1) add vendor: hmm, testing now, without any problem :idea:

2) "Another thing that I noticed is when I try to select a 'Force payment method' or 'Force shipping method' in the POS screen there are no options available to select even though I do have some set up in regular store."

Where are you not able to select the methods - in options or in the POS?

If you force some payment or shipping method, this means, it will be set in POS as fixed and you cannot change any other.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
jrjr
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Post by jrjr »

"Where are you not able to select the methods - in options or in the POS?"
In POS
Perhaps I just don't know what forcing a shipping or payment method is supposed to do. Regardless when I click it there are no options to choose.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, yes, this parameter is done the way, that you will force one method, so vendors cannot change it - it is not a default method but force method without having the options to change it.

Do you still get the problem when saving the vendor, I found, there can be a problem with displaying the vendor name on some servers (so instead of the vendor name the admin name will be displayed - but only in administration list - not in POS - this will be fixed in next version) But testing to save the vendor without any problems :-( ... Really no items in errorLog when saving? Or did you check the Javascript console when saving (maybe some system plugin can display some javascript conflict)?

https://www.phoca.cz/documents/16-jooml ... -conflicts
jrjr
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Post by jrjr »

I still can not save a vendor. Since I now understand the purpose of a vendor, I do not need one. I will only be selling my own items so for me the feature is not needed.
I will help figure out what is wrong if you would like me too though.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, if you have some demo page, you can sent me super user login to e.g. PM so I can take a look at it (not sure if I will be able to see there something specific) but maybe I will find the problem :idea:

Jan