New Category

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
commander64
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

New Category

Post by commander64 »

Hi to all of you,

I'm a newbie in Phoca Cart and I'm trying to setup a basic shop with phoca.I'm really impressed about the features and also confused by using some of them . But anyway, I made 6 basic categories and all of them are shown in the frontend. If I try to create category number 7 , I don't see it in the fontend of the shop.
Do I have to set any switch to display more than 7 categories. I use Phoca Cart 3.1.3 and Joomla 3.8.13.
Can somone help?

Thanks
Tom

Tags:
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: New Category

Post by Jan »

Hi, as default, there is no limit which prevents from hiding categories:

- check if the category is parent category, check if it is published :idea:
- check if it is not listed in hide categories parameter
- check if the type of the category is e-shop (not e.g. pos, etc.)
- check if the category is not assigned to some specific group

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
commander64
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by commander64 »

Hi Jan,
Thanks for your quick response. I checked the following issues:

- check if the category is parent category, check if it is published Result: yes it's the parent category

- check if it is not listed in hide categories parameter Result: I don't know where I find this list :-(

- check if the type of the category is e-shop (not e.g. pos, etc.)Result: yes it is set to e-shop

- check if the category is not assigned to some specific groupResult: it is set to custom (all users)

I checked everything twice and something stange I found. If I delete some of the allready created category's and try to create a new one, the new category is created but will be not shown in the front end. So I decided to delete all of them and create new ones but now no category will be shown in the frontend of the shop at all. :-(

Do I have to install phoca cart again :-( ?
commander64
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by commander64 »

Hi Jan,

Problem is solved because is was a setting within the joomla menu of phoca cart. There are options to display / hide categories . If there is nothing in the list, phoca displays all of the categories. (I had the issue because there were some categories listet)

So issue is solved

greetings
Tom
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project