Set minimum order value by location before shopping

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
maintainthedomain
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Set minimum order value by location before shopping

Post by maintainthedomain »

Ahoj Jan!

I am setting up a delivery service shop. So far so good. Really like Phoca cart so far. Thx for all your efforts.

Now my needs:

Our city has around 15 different districts and each district has its own minimum order value. For example Prag1 is min 200czk order, Prag 8 is min 250czk order etc.

Now I want to implement a popup, which pops up when the user arrives on the site, where he can pick his district, and the min order value is set accordingly.

Any Idea how I could implement that easily? Thought I could hack the "Zones"/ country / region functionality as I don't need that anyways..

díky předem
maintainthedomain
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Re: Set minimum order value by location before shopping

Have an Idea...

I will only implement paypal payment, cash on delivery, and cash on pickup...think I could clone payment option for each zone?

So i will have 15 times paypal, cash on del. method, and each has its zone rule for each min value...

Hope you understand...

Is that a good idea?

Still no idea, How I can set the zone through the popup though??
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, the question is what you need to solve:

- minimal order amount
- price for zone

In fact both you can set in delivery method - there is zone rule and lowest/highest amount rule, but both are assigned to delivery. So you can set the combination but they will effect on displaying the shipping method only - so there will be no checked if the order has some minimal amount but which shipping method to display.

E.g.:
a) 1 Shipping method: Zone Prague 1 - amount < 200 ... price for shipping method: 100
b) 2 Shipping method: Zone Prague 1 - amount > 200 ... price for shipping method: 0
c) 3 Shipping method: Zone Prague 8 - amount < 250 ... price for shipping method: 100
d) 4 Shipping method: Zone Prague 8 - amount > 250 ... 0

:idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
maintainthedomain
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Delivery (shipping cost) will always be free of charge (they bring pizzas mostly...). I just need to implement different minimum order amounts for each zone.

So far it works with my idea I think (not much tested yet), having a payment method for each zone.

So I created a "10€ Zone" "11€ Zone" 12€ Zone" etc. with the corresponding districts (regions) assigned.

And for each Zone I have a paypal and a cashOnDelivery payment method with zone rule and minOrder rule.

I will display the min-order-value per chosen district in storefront to the user, and validate per JS in cart module...(tbd)
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok, if you will be ready, will be great to get info if this works Ok.

Jan
webstuff
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by webstuff »

hey,

is ist possible to put a maximum to order....? i want in my ticket system that every user can only buy one of the same produkt..

greets
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, no :-(, there is no such parameter to limit maximum count of products :-(
maintainthedomain
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Just wanted to report that my way of doing this works so far pretty good.

How I did it: for example I have 4 districts (regions in PhocaCart), d1-d4. d1 has 10€ min-order-value (mov), d2 has 15€ mov and d3 and d4 have 20€ mov.

Then I created 3 Zones, a 10€, 15€ and 20€ Zone and assigned the regions accordingly. (so 20€ zone has d3 and d4 assigned)

Then I created for each mov a payment module, say paypal 10, paypal 15 and paypal 20 and set the order value for the payment method in a range between the movs. So paypal 10 has order value rule of 10€ to 14,99€, paypal 15 has order value rule between 15 and 19,99€ and paypal 20 has the rule set to 20 to infinity (i set it to 2k).

Last thing to do is to set the zone rule, which needs to include all zones under or equal the mov of this payment method. So paypal 20 will have all zones assigned, paypal 15 has 10€ and 15€ Zone assigned, and and paypal 10 has only the 10€ zone assigned.

When the user sets his district from a dropdown list in address-form now (or however), he will only get one paypal method presented, which will be only active if the mov of his district is reached...

Hope that's not too complicated explained and is helpful to somebody.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, thank you very much for this useful info.

Jan