Paypal standard notify url error

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
app-n-web
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Re: Paypal standard notify url error

Post by app-n-web »

Thanks for the test Jan, it gave me an idea. I tried to turn the "Verify SSL" option on just to see what would be happening for me in that case and surprisingly, the system log does show exactly the same error as yours about one minute after sending the form.

It does not really help me as with "Verify SSL" turned off, it still does not show the payment answer even long after the transaction is completed but at least it does prove that Paypal IPN are hitting the correct url even when not appearing in the system log and triggering the order status change.

So the next question I have to solve is why they are not caught if they do hit the correct place. Any idea on your side ?

As I did not have any on mine, I decided to try to update to Joomla 3.8.13 and Phoca Cart 3.1.3 for the case a miracle would happen this way. No miracle and it seems I lost bootstrap and some other scripts on the frontend (no more grid, missing styles and no more popups) as if they were not loading anymore.

Is it my install that is completely corrupted or is there a problem with 3.8.13 / 3.1.3 ? And in the case my install is corrupted, would your recommend to uninstall / install again Phoca Cart ? Will I lose all data / setting that way or not ?

Thanks in advance for your help and sorry for that mess.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, when uninstalling the component, all data will be lost. You can try to install the same version again (in case the old has e.g. some broken files, they will be overwritten - without influencing data in database). Does your template load the Bootstrap? If not, try to see if it is enabled in Phoca Cart option that Bootstrap will be loaded. Check the source html code if the bootstrap is loaded there.

PayPal - hmmm, really hard to say, maybe some stats on server will say if even the PayPal Server contacted your server :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
app-n-web
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by app-n-web »

Hi Jan,

I already tried reinstalling without uninstalling but that did not solve anything.

As for Bootstrap, no my theme does not load it and that's the reason why I enabled the load bootstrap option in your configuration. Looking in the code I see some js / css files loaded for the touchspin, modal and chosen but nothing else at least for bootstrap. And neither the modals nor the touchspin do work actually.

The styles, element positioning and modals were ok before the 3.8.13 /3.1.3 update so everything was then probably loading correctly. Actually I have no more grid, the element seem to be thrown inline one after the other and there is no CSS rules on most of your divs, so for sure something is missing even if I am not sure what as I do not know your files very well.

If you want to have a look at the output, you can see it here on the testing website : https://dev7.anw-sandbox.ch/boutique/bo ... ligne.html

On my side, I think I will give a try, later today or tomorrow, to the full uninstall / reinstall solution even if I loose the settings and data because there are too many things that are not working anymore and it's strange enough to get me suspecting that something unusual happened someway.

As for Paypal, it's sure the Paypal server contacts mine as when I enable "Verify SSL" the error is caught by your system log. Unfortunately I really do not understand either why it's not caught when "Verify SSL is disables and why it first work and then not anymore.

So let's hope that starting again from scratch will fix it too because If not I will be forced to find another solution for this shop as I do not have any idea left to solve those issues and I am running short of time too.

Thanks for your help anyway and I'll tell you if after uninstalling / reinstalling it gets better
app-n-web
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by app-n-web »

Just one more post to say that since the last one I decided to test Joomla 3.8.13 / Phoca cart 3.1.3 on one of our empty testing website with no other extension except Akeeba backup (even completely uninstalled Admintools) to be sure there is no possible conflict.

The theme used is Protostar so it should not be a problem either and cache is completely disabled. But even this way I have troubles and strange again they are similar but not exactly the same.

- Grid is not working either and changing number of columns in Phoca settings has no effect at all but popup are working on this version.
- Some icons and styles are missing but input spinner is working
- For Paypal the problem is worse as with this install I can not even pay, when landing on Paypal, the amount is there and everything seems correct but when I click on the pay button it shows the loading wheel a bit then shows the payment page again and if I click on cancel I am back on the website with a Phoca message saying the payement has been canceled but it does not appear in the system log and neither trigger the order to be canceled accordingly.

You can see it here : https://jdemo.anw-sandbox.ch/fr/test-phoca and you can even test it if you have a Paypal sandbox account.

In other circumstances I could think it's a Paypal sandbox issue but as on both websites I could test a RsForm / Paypal sandbox payment successfully using the same accounts and the returned data was correctly caught by RsForm , I can not believe it's a Paypal problem.

And as for the style, grid, bootstrap, icons, etc., it seems to be a new issue related to 3.8.13 compatibility. Do you run 3.8.13 on your demo website ? Or did you try it on another website ?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, try to download this file:
https://www.phoca.cz/forumfiles/media.zip
and uzip it to:
administrator\components\com_phocacart\libraries\phocacart\render\

folder, so media.php will be overwritten.

And let me know if this solved the problem with Bootstrap.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

PayPal, hmmm, the problem is:

I can successfully go to PayPal on your site:
Then I am able to click on Payment on the site:

And then it does not let me go through the payment process - but it is on PayPal website (after login, after confirming payment), so it is very unlikely that the problem is on the demo page, becasue PayPal has the login, it has successfully accepted the payment form and there without any error message it does not allow to go further.

When I test it on different websites:
I get everything OK there :idea: :idea:

What is your curl settings on your webserver?

Jan
app-n-web
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by app-n-web »

Thanks a lot for your patience Jan, I really appreciate it.

I tried you media.php file and it fixes all styles issues so for that part everything is perfect now.

For Paypal, unfortunately I think it will be a bit harder as it's even difficult for me to get you understanding it's probably not a Paypal problem, at least not directly , even tough it may look like it.

In order to try once again to illustrate it, I placed a Paypal form (RsForm) on the same testing website linked to the same Paypal sandbox seller account so you can test it too and see there is no problem with the payment. You will find this form here : https://jdemo.anw-sandbox.ch/en/paypal-payment-test

It will be quite easy for you to check the payment transmission was correct as I did set it to send the submitter a confirmation email only in case of a successful payment meaning you will not receive it if you cancel on Paypal or do not complete the payment.

This test, at least for me, confirms there is no real problem between the server and the Paypal account. They can and do communicate correctly.

And what's even stranger is that if you test Phoca Cart on the other website which is on the same server and linked to the same Paypal sandbox seller account, you will be able to complete the payment too which is not even possible on this one as you noticed it.

You can check that on yourself here : https://dev7.anw-sandbox.ch/boutique/bo ... ligne.html

You will also see that when returning to the website on this one after a payment or a cancellation the Phoca Cart message is correct saying it's paid or cancelled and thus showing that what's happened on Paypal is correctly caught on your return url. But if then you go to the order list (https://dev7.anw-sandbox.ch/boutique/bo ... andes.html) the order still shows as pending no matter it's paid or cancelled on Paypal meaning your IPN listener did not catch it.

If you want, I can also issue a refund from Paypal for your test order once you will have done it, so you will be able to see that after the refund the order will show as canceled even tough the action does not come directly from the website which proves IPN is correctly sent to the url that was defined by Phoca Cart and received by the listener.

I am awfully sorry to annoy you for so long with that issue but I can't understand what's going wrong on my own and I really would like to get it working as Phoca Cart is the only shop extension I tested that matches the project needs and works correctly except for that Paypal problem reason why I still stick to it hoping that we may find a solution at the end.

If you want to have a further look, I can of course give you access to the backend of both websites where you will be able to see the actual Curl settings wich did not change recently and thus can not explain why it stopped working suddenly.

Thanks in advance for your precious help and have a nice sunday.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, yes, will be great to get the access to backend - to test it there, see PM
app-n-web
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by app-n-web »

Hi Jan,

I sent the login information. Do not hesitate to tell me if I can help in anyway.