is it good for Pizza Store

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
habusam
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Re: is it good for Pizza Store

Post by habusam »

this is a food, there is no stock, it should be set to unlimited, that is all, thanks, so what do you advise,
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, I didn't mean to use the stock for stock management but for the possible adding of price to each combination (but in case of pizza store this can be very problematic)

Phoca Cart can do what was displayed in the video, but it does not have the interaction between different attributes/attribute values.

So the only clue advice is, if this should run on Phoca Cart, to make different products - 10", 12". I can make some research to see how to solve such feature but this can take a lot of time :-( So for now hard to say :-(

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
habusam
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by habusam »

ok I might be able to add just too many products and categories, what do you think about this
http://j2store.net/v3/index.php/shop/configurable

this done by J2Store, and the guy shows me to do parent and child

how i can add screenshots, i want to show you how he did it!
thanks
habusam
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by habusam »

can we use specifications? take a look at the specifications
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, I see, does it work for more attributes (on the demo there is listed only one)

You can add images per external service like imgur is in this forum.

Specifications are good for searching, filtering and comparing items but they don't have any dependency to change the price, etc.

Jan
habusam
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by habusam »

hmm, you are right! the J2store, works, but we are concern about the support, and also more things, have you ever works with Hikashop? and if so are you a developer? Thanks
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, I don't know any other e-commerce extension for Joomla! CMS. Phoca Cart was built to get fully native Joomla! ecommerce extension because Virtuemart was not good quality more :-( It is under active development and features are added often but the idea is to have the component still under control (not overloaded with specific features which can be start for bugs). So when new feature will be added, it must work 100%. Adding attributes which are in some kind of dependency is more a customization feature than core feature because it can be very different for different kind of shops :idea:

Jan
habusam
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by habusam »

Ok let me ask you this, do I have the ability to add in the beginning of checkout flow if the customer wants pick or delivery, and if is pick up the it’s free and if it’s delivery then has a price and that would be added to the check out total , also do we have ability to add extra field at the check out that for a customer to add Tip then that would reflect on the total as well, lots of other carts have something like donation and you just change the name from donation to tip? Is that possible, I will do a video and post it so I can show you the flow of the work and what we really needs, thanks in advanced
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi,

- you can set different delivery methods - so you can set some for free or another which will have some costs
- extra fields can be set for user information (address, etc.) but there is no specific extra field for the checkout - for now there are 3:
:: comment
:: confirm the conditions
:: confirm GDPR conditions

But not sure what you exactly mean with "tip".

Jan
habusam
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by habusam »

what about customer instruction text box, for example after you choose the pizza kind then the pizza size then you add the topping is it possible you will find at the bottom a text box so customer can add special instructions, for example, half pizza put onion and the other half only green olive also at the check out as well a text box so customer can write hey please come from the back door, or beware there is a dog and so on