Paypal Suggestions

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
PixelZombie
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Paypal Suggestions

Post by PixelZombie »

Hey there,

I've got two things regarding the Paypal Payment Method.

1. there should be a possibility to calculate the paypal payment costs correctly. Paypal charges a fixed amount per transaction (35ct. or so) plus 1.9% of the order value. Since I can only set the payment costs to either percentage or fixed, there should be two fields and a combination of a fixed and percentage value. That would be pretty nice.

2. If I order via paypal and cancel the payment on the paypal site and use the link "cancel and go back to xxx", the order is stored with the status "pendig". But there is no way I can pay the order. Solutions would be to set the order status to canceled (backend settings do not seem to work here) or go back to the prefilled cart and don't save the order at this point.

Cheers

Frank
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Paypal Suggestions

Post by Jan »

Hi,

1) I will take a look at it. Maybe some new field for additional costs should be done :idea: So e.g. the costs will be 1.9% and additional costs will be in fixed amount :idea:

2) the problem is, when you send the command to paypal, the order must be finished - to know all the costs, so when you order and cancel the payment, it is hard to recognize if the user wanted to cancel only the payment or cancel all the order :idea: I think, in such case he/she should be always contacted by vendor :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
PixelZombie
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by PixelZombie »

Okay and if I ask my potetial customer to pay the order again, is there a possibility to give them a paypal link with the order attached? Or maybe send out an E-Mail? The only thing I could do right now is to ask the customer to order again and set the order status to canceled by hand ;-)

Cheers

Frank
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

The paypal link is just your email address and the amount. In fact all the procedure doesn't work through the link but through the post data. But the easiest way is just to write to make a PayPal payment to your email address with the amount.

But yes, this is not good solution, I will try to discover is there is some better way :idea: For example to go to user orders and make a link there to pay if not paid :idea:

Jan
PixelZombie
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by PixelZombie »

The link in the order overview sounds great!
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, but maybe this should be a button with complete form which is sent to PayPal :idea:

Jan
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »