Error installing package when updating Phoca Cart

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
Sasnel
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Error installing package when updating Phoca Cart

Post by Sasnel »

Hello,

I updated my joomla from 3.7.3 to 3.8.5 and now I get a warning in my Phoca Cart
Deze site is niet bereikbaar
De verbinding is opnieuw ingesteld.
Probeer het volgende:

Controleer de verbinding
Controleer de proxy en firewall
Windows Netwerkcontrole uitvoeren
ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

To get it to work again I tried to update my Phoca Cart but it doesnot work I get the message
Warning
JInstaller: :Install: Error SQL Duplicate column name 'operator'
Extension Update: SQL error processing query: DB function failed with error number 1060
Duplicate column name 'operator'
SQL =
ALTER TABLE `#__phocacart_product_stock` ADD COLUMN `operator` char(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '';
Package Update: There was an error installing an extension: com_phocacart_v3.0.3.zip
Error
Error installing package

Can you tell me what to do ?

Thanks Saskia
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Error installing package when updating Phoca Cart

Post by Jan »

Hi, unfortunately, Joomla! installation feature does not check for existing columns, so when you update e.g. to same version (and the column exists in database), it needs to be manually removed from update file:

The file update\sql\mysql\3.0.2.sql inside ZIP package includes this update queries, so you need to empty this file and add it the the installation ZIP file - so it will no more update columns which exist on your site.

(this mostly happens, when e.g. the same version is installed)

But this error: ERR_CONNECTION_RESET should not be related to Phoca Cart, I think you should see the errorLog if there are no more detailed information about why the connection was reset on your server :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project