kodxenon
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Re: Questions and wishes

Post by kodxenon »

Hi!
Thank you for your work!
I have 2 questions about Phoca Cart (sorry, my English is not very good):

1) When I'm in the "A" product category, I do not want the manufacturers of goods and the "B" category specifications to be displayed.
For example: If my store sells phones and chocolate, then in the chocolate category, I do not want to see the Apple and Samsung manufacturers, and I do not need the CPU specifications and battery capacity.
How can i do this?
I read that you already talked about this issue and you said that it would be a big load for the database. Maybe there is an opportunity to do it in a simple way? For example, when we create the Manufacturer or the Specification in the admin panel, so that you can choose which categories you want to display.

2) If I click "Add to cart" from the ITEMS view (Inside the category), then I see Invalid Token error. If I do this from the ITEM view (Inside the product), then everything is fine. What could be the problem?

Tags:
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi,

1) yes, in such case the filter module should be modified. It needs to get information about current category. Then, when asking for manufacturers - we need to load all products in the shop and check in which categories the products with set manufacturer are stored. Then these loaded categories should be compared to current category. So in case somebody has e.g. 5000 products this can slow down the displaying or stop server working - so this is much more a question on individual customization directly written for specific server :idea:

And yes, other way will be in creating some kind of "index" (categories - manufacturers, categories - specifications so products will be not loaded in frontend to get such information :idea: )

2) Do you get the same problem in category view? (category view = list of products from current category, items view = list of products from different categories based on filter)

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
kodxenon
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by kodxenon »

1) Do you plan to create such an "index"?

2)Yes, it's in the category view. Try clicking on the button Add to Cart.
http://zvukovoditel.ru/katalog-tovarov/ ... stemy.html
And in the roduct view all ok
http://zvukovoditel.ru/katalog-tovarov/ ... dbr15.html

And if you activate the "Display Add To Cart Icon" in the main settings, then when you click on the small icon, everything is OK, too, but TWO icons are displayed.
Last edited by kodxenon on 18 Aug 2018, 14:03, edited 1 time in total.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

1) It is in feature request list but really no idea when I will be able to take a look at it :-(

2) hmmm, what happens, when you test it with another template (for test only, e.g. with Phoca Duka)?

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
kodxenon
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by kodxenon »

Yes, Dooka is ok. Apparently the problem is in the template.
Thank you!