Questions and wishes

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
AndreyS
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Questions and wishes

Post by AndreyS »

Jan, have a nice day! More closely examined your component. There were many questions! Is there any following in your component and if not, would you be able to implement this?

Filter module
1. It is very important to have a property in the filter module so that when you select a parameter, those parameters that are not present in the current sample are hidden. Since for a very long time you can play and click to find what is available. It is necessary that, depending on the choice of a parameter (attribute, specification), the filter dynamically hides unnecessary / empty / unsuitable parameters.
2. It is very necessary that you can create different filter modules with different sets of specifications, as there are many products with different specifications and a lot of parameters. And the user, if he chose / went into a certain category, then a lot of filters and specifications are very hampered and unnecessary, which do not belong to the current category of products.
3. It would be very useful to make a button use the marked filter options so that you can not wait every time until the results update. And do it only once after selecting all the necessary options. This is important especially if the products and options are many.

Categories / Subcategories
4. It would be nice if subcategories are also displayed in the same design as the categories - with a picture, in a frame, with a button. At least not on the main page, but when you enter a category that contains subcategories.

Product View Page
5. Can I show the status of stock, but do not show the quantity figure of the product? This does not always need to be displayed to the seller.
6. How can I hide the add product button in the shopping cart, if the product is 0? It is very inconvenient that it is always visible, since the user does not always look at the status of the stock. And he will understand this only when he makes out an order. It would be very necessary to hide this button with zero quantity of the product.

Search Module
7. I would like the search module to work not only on the headers, but also at least on the descriptions, as well as on the specifications. In some cases, it's more convenient for some users to use a specific word to search for, rather than using filters.

Admin panel
8. I use one language on the site, and I use another language in the admin panel. The contents of letters to customers come in the language of the admin panel. It would be desirable, that all text variables which are connected with buyers, were in language of a site.
9. I would like to see in the statistics also the total amount of profit received (simply the sum of the cost of all products sold) for different months and years. This is important for a complete picture of the dynamics, as well as for comparing the results for different periods and years.
10. It is necessary, perhaps more correctly, that a product is considered sold and displayed in statistics not when it receives the status of "pending", but when it receives the status "fulfilled." Since it may not yet be confirmed, it is canceled and returned. Or, to have such an option allowing you to choose at what status to consider the product sold.

Jan, please respond, is it possible to decide something from the above and will you implement something from this list? Sorry for my bad english. If something is not clearly expressed - ask.

Thank you very much for your attention and your work!

Tags:
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Questions and wishes

Post by Jan »

Hi,

1) module is displayed on different sites, in different views, so you mean something like when e.g. you see category, then only e.g. specifications which are used in the category will be displayed? This will be really hard (for the database) as you need to detect the category id which is currently displayed than you need to get info about all items which are currently listed in the category and you need to get info about all specifications only in items stored for the current category. Is this what you mean?

2) in fact the same principle like for 1) so I think, maybe new specific filter module for this needs to be done :idea:

3) yes, in fact this is standard sending of html form. In fact this is the default way but asked by users was to make it automatically without button :idea:

4) the problem in category view is, how to order the boxes when you have the same boxed for items and subcategories. When both will be independently then this is only a question of modifying the component output or overriding the output by the template :idea:

5) As default the stock is displayed without the quantity:

6) for now there is no such option, I will take a look at it

7) Ok

8) Not sure if I understand correctly, there is standard Joomla! language feature, so if you translation is installed and you have the files for Phoca Cart, you can manage in options which language will be displayed in frontend or backend :idea:

9) for now, there is no column to store the costs. So you mean that next to price of the product, there will be a cost column to store costs of the product?

10) Ok, maybe this should be set in options by which status the product statistics will be counted?

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
AndreyS
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by AndreyS »

Thank you, Jan, that was not left without attention!

1. Yes, Jan, I understand that it's difficult to immediately respond to the user's choice and change the settings of the filter module. Therefore, it is easier to organize point number 2.
2. Yes, it would be nice to just be able to disable the display and select certain specifications in the filter module that do not belong to the product category where this filter module will be published.
3. And how then to disconnect this reaction and to make as it was earlier realized?

4. Subcategories in general could not be shown on the first level of categories, but only displayed when entering the category. Although this is not very important if you can display the advanced menu of the site immediately with all categories and subcategories. This is not as necessary as points 1 and 2.

5. But the quantity is not displayed only where there is a choice of attributes. And I have all the products without attributes - all properties in the specifications.
6. This is also important! Saves a lot of time. Please add an option that would hide the basket at the number 0. This is more important than point 5.

7. Thank you!

8. Now then I will explain this in detail! I have a backend for example English (I manage to understand it better), and in the frontend is French (it is more convenient for customers). So if a letter comes to the buyer, then its text is in English, and it should be in French. So I ask that all the text variables that relate to the customers (frontend) are in the language file for the frontend. This is certainly not so straightforward, but it would be clearer and more logical.

9. There is no no. I mean that on the main page of the component in the admin panel there are statistics on the total number of customers, the sold product and earnings for today and for the week. But it is important to be able to see such statistics for different months and different years. Very little of the statistics that are now.

10. Yes yes yes. Just make an option to choose what status the product will be considered sold and this will be displayed in the statistics.

Thank you, once again, Jan, for your attention and work!
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi,

5) not sure if I understand correctly, the stock quantity is even not displayed, if there are no options :idea:

8) Ok now I understand

9) In statistics view in administration, you can set specific date range, but yes, the statistics can be extended more.

10) Ok

Jan
AndreyS
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by AndreyS »

Jan, have a nice day!
Thanks for the answers and help!

5) The quantity is not shown when the check the stock check is turned off, that is, do not take into account the amount of product in the stock. And I need to always keep a record of the amount of the product.

9) Yes, the period varies, but there is no total profit for the selected period. There's just a drawn chart and that's it.

1,2,3) Jan, if you are going to implement something from what I suggested, then I beg you to start with the filter module. Other wishes can wait. But in the filter modules it is very necessary to be able to create with a certain set of specifications. To be able to create them for different categories with different specifications. For example, I sell cars and clothes on the site. And those who want to choose clothes by size and color see the parameters of cars constantly. It is very uncomfortable and introduces clients to delusion. Make, please, first of all the possibility to choose different sets of specifications in different filter modules. Convenient and understandable filters are one of the most important functions of the store.

I shall be very grateful to you!
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi,

9) I have added an option to select order statuses which will be used in statistics (e.g. you can set only confirmed, or more, etc.). All the statistics can be displayed by order statuses but except the count of best selling products and count of most viewed products as they are directly counted with no dependency to order statuses (count of orders, customers and sales today and for the week in control panel accepts the order statuses)

8) this is very problematic part as the code is built step by step, so you build the email for customers and others at once. When this is done, Joomla! translates the strings to language which is set for the customer. To make e.g. admin language for others means, to add before each string loading of this language.
So you have some string and you will load it normally, then you need to set loading of other language, translate the string and set back the previous language for the customer for new strings. The strings are not ordered because they are set in e.g. html template. So making this feature in current Joomla! language system will cause need of much memory to switch the languages for each string and many many if clauses to differentiate between customer language and the administrator language :-( :-(

7) for now the search module searches the description too

5) now confused - so you need to display the count of products on the stock, even the stock check is off?

1,2,3) unfortunately, this cannot be implemented into the current filter module, new module for this needs to be done, because the managing of the form will be different (instead of one field, more needs to be managed) so this will take some time :-( :-(

Jan
AndreyS
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by AndreyS »

Oh! Thank you for such a prompt reply!

9) It will be necessary to see what you have done there new.

8) Well, if it's a problem, then it's better to postpone the course!

7) Great! Perhaps this will be enough. By specifications, you can still do with the filter module.

5) Of the four parameters for the stock, I have 1,2,4. 3rd - disabled. The number of products is displayed. In which position do I set the options so that the quantity is not displayed on the site, but the product could not be ordered at quantity 0?

1,2,3) I understand, Jan! This function is more necessary than all the others so far. As it gives maximum opportunities and convenience when choosing products. Of all the proposals I wanted, that you gave it priority. I will very much hope for implementation and expect.

Thank you for your activity and work!
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi,

9) will be set in new version

5) this is checked in checkout - if you check the stock and the quantity is not there, checkout will inform the user:

6) hiding add to cart based on stock can work this way (I hope I will implement it in next version)

Jan
AndreyS
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by AndreyS »

Great news and innovations, Jan! :)

5) Well, in the basket there everything is correctly displayed and if there is no necessary quantity, then a message about this is displayed. But I do not basket and that I can not hide the number in brackets. You do not want to modify the code.

6) Wow! You also want to make it so that it hides on the move when selecting attributes. Well, yes it's important too. Although I do not use attributes. Specification only.

1,2,3) For the filter module, which could be adjusted depending on the category, there are no solutions yet?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi,

6) in fact it is a must, it is not so easy that you can say - product is 0, hide the button, because you need to count with different combinations like attributes - if product has an attribute - it can be as product be 0 but with attribute it can have more than zero items on the stock and there are differenct stock calculations (product, attributes, advanced stock management), so all this needs to be counted :idea:

1,2,3) no, unfortunately no :-(

5) the displaying of number is set here:
administrator\components\com_phocacart\libraries\phocacart\stock\stock.php

function:
getStockStatusOutput

Jan