Phoca Cart and Gallery integration

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
ghooton
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Phoca Cart and Gallery integration

Post by ghooton »

Hi All,
Is there a way to integrate Phoca Cart and Gallery so that the image title in the gallery can be used as an attribute in the cart.
I want to sell images that I have in Phoca Gallery.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Phoca Cart and Gallery integration

Post by Jan »

Hi, no, there is no such integration, the only way for now is to add such images into Phoca Cart. I have seen some website where people sell images with help of Phoca Cart:

- Images are displayed in Phoca Cart (Phoca Cart works similar way like Phoca Gallery - it has thumbnails for displaying the images)
- Such images are low quality or have thumbnails and when user orders the image he/she gets access to download the ZIP package

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
ghooton
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by ghooton »

Thanks Jan,
What I would like is for the customer to be able to input the Phoca Gallery image title as an attribute. However, Phoca cart has no Attribute Type for text input.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, no, there is no attribute type for text input - what is the reason to have text input - mostly shoppers want to controll the input so they use select box or checkboxes :idea:

Jan
ghooton
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by ghooton »

I have 3000 images in my Phoca Gallery and would like to sell prints not downloads. It is not worth the effort to create 3000 items in an eshop, the sales are just not there. If a shopper wants to bye a print then they must go to my Poca Gallery select and remember the image title and then enter that title in a text box in the eshop. For now I use Virtuemart to do that but would like to switch to Phoca Cart. With Phoca Gallery you can have a virtuemart cart icon which is linked to a virtuemart product ID. That would be very nice to have in Phoca Cart.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, it is not a problem to implement product ID for Phoca Cart like it works with Virtuemart, I am working on new version of Phoca Gallery so I can implement it (but even with the icon, you need to have products in Phoca Cart)

Jan
ghooton
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by ghooton »

That would be great if you could pass the image title to Phoca Cart as an attribute. In that way I could have just one product in Phoca Cart.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

That would be great if you could pass the image title to Phoca Cart as an attribute
- not sure if I understand correctly. Current feature regarding Virtuemart just work simple way - the image gets the product id from Virtuemart and if clicked on cart icon, the Virtuemart product is displayed. Not sure what you mean with "image title as an attribute"? Another component cannot change title or attribute of Phoca Cart :idea:

Jan
ghooton
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by ghooton »

In Virtue mart I have product called "Colour Prints" which has a custom field called "Image Title". The shopper has to type the image title of the image [they wish to bye] in Phoca Gallery into that custom field. I was looking to know if that process could be automated so that when the shopper clicks the cart icon beside the image in Phoca Gallery then the Phoca Gallery image title [text] gets passed to the custom field in Virtuemart. But I guess that is not possible.
Ger
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, no, for now there is no such option, the identifikator is an ID and Phoca Gallery just gets the ID of Virtuemart product and displays the link to this product. :idea:

Jan