Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
rico2605
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

pictures import of external url

Post by rico2605 »

Hello,
I have a problem and hope you can help.
For the import of the products I prepared everything. It works well with XML.
Problem: My company does not have the images as .jpg or .png on the server.
These images are generated and look like this:
http://www.lxxxxxx.de/net/phpuli/bmwcra ... 02VB,S02VH, S0302, S0319, S0322, S0323, S03AG, S0403, S0423, S0430, S0456, S0464, S0488, S0494, S04UR, S0508, S0552, S05A1, S05AC, S05AG, S05AS, S05DL, S0609, S0610, S0688, S06AC, S06AE, S06AK, S06AM, S06AN, S06AP, S06FV, S06NW, S06WB, S06WD, S07XP, S08TF, S08TH, & width = 900 & view type = WALKAROUND, & OPEN angle = 40

This URL in the XML does not work. The XML file is not mapped.

Is there a way to use an external path with a dynamic image URL?

every night about 1000 pictures are linked with technical data and must be imported into the website by 7am. On our current website, we already use this and have converted Virtuemart for it. Virtuemart can no longer be used in the new website with joomla 3.5.7 and we would like to switch to phoca cart.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: pictures import of external url

Post by Jan »

Hi, hmmm, I think, this needs to be somehow customized. Unfortunately, I don't have any experiences with dynamically created images.

Do you get problems when displaying them? Or adding them to system? Or when exporting only?

Can you explain the way with more details :idea:

Really hard to say but seems like the customization will be needed :-(

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
rico2605
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by rico2605 »

Hello,
thank you for thinking about it.
I will show you our current website. This is not very nice and outdated. Link: http://www.langer.de/net/index.php?opti ... 5&Itemid=1

Here you can see the pictures of the BMW cars. These pictures are taken from the server of BMW Deutschland AG and are provided to the dealers. But only as a link in a special software.
Every night a macro that runs on a local Windows server picks up the software from the Bidler. The macro clicks each individual vehicle. Then an XML and CSV file is generated. This is sorted by macro in Joomla with Virtuemart. This contains the paths to the images. Because a watermark is added and the images are assigned to the vehicles by auto identification number, these dynamic image URLs are created.

Virtuemart can display this. The problem with Phoca Cart is that the URLs are not already read in the XML. Therefore, the XML is not imported at all. The images do not have to be physically embedded in Joomla. Manually I can not integrate, since we have 2000 cars (every night). Each car has 4 - 6 pictures

I need a way to import the XML using external URL paths.

I believe, if in the settings is possible to generate fields in which external URL can be specified. It should work.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, by product options, you can set external link but this external link is used for displaying it under product description.

Images are in Phoca Cart checked for thumbnails, the problem with external images is how to store them, you need some original, then 3 different sizes (large, medium, small) for each image - and there can be a lot of images for one product.

The next question is, you speak about import but what about displaying it in different views (different image thumbnails). How can be external images used for this task?
The problem with Phoca Cart is that the URLs are not already read in the XML.
But which URLs you mean exactly? In which action, by importing products? When importing products, the URLs cannot be read as there is no such option in Phoca Cart and there are no database columns to store such information :idea:

Jan
rico2605
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by rico2605 »

Hello, this is what image addresses look like, which I have to use. Such URLs gets a special system from a server every night. This URL is currently being processed in Virtuemart.
The nightly Donwload gets 2000 BMW cars including the pictures (each car 6 - 10). An XML file and a CSV file are generated. The XML is currently used for exporting to an auto-web portal. The CSV gets Virtuemart, including Bidler URL. I need these url images in each of my products

http://www.langer.de/net/phpuli/bmwcraw ... &angle=220
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, I think this needs to be customized. If I understand it correctly, your PC/Servers cares about the getting the image urls which include the information about the image (image itself). So the Phoca Cart needs to be customized to work with this XML/CSV - I think, there is some parse function which will parse the XML/CSV and create images with src to external images in e.g. product view? For me this is really hard to understand as I don't know exactly how you get the XML/CSV and how it is implemented to read it in the e-shop :idea:

Jan