whish list

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
joomlandy
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

whish list

Post by joomlandy »

Let me first congratulate for your good job.
then I notice your whish list is not providing some useful feature as:
product quantity/stile variations,
similar products,
save list,
publish list,
send list to email or social,
as well as print list feature,
that will be great for those user who aren't ready to buy online right away or for store that sell directly.
Do you think you can provide all or some of them?

Tags:
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: whish list

Post by Jan »

Hi, thank you for the ideas.

For now, I don't understand what you mean with similar products, in administration, you can set related product to the selected product, so this can be used for displaying related products, not sure why to store it in wish list?

Save list - the list is in fact always accessible for the user (whe he/she will log in) so the save function is not needed.

In fact the wish list function is a little bit interesting, I have made a research and a most of users just store the bookmark of the product in the browser, they find the wish list feature as nonsense. If you want to buy ad product, you just store the bookmark of the product page in your browser without need to login or registering on the website.

Yes, variations, printing or emailing can be useful function, but it is needed to store the quantity?

Quantity, variations, etc. - all the functions burden the database, memory, etc. on the server, make the list difficult to read (list will include variations, forms for chaning count of products, etc.) :idea:

Anyway, thank you for the ideas, added to feature request list.

Thank you, Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project