XML feed

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
Honza7
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

XML feed

Post by Honza7 »

Hi, can somebady tell me, please, if there is a possibility to create XML feed output file from Phoca Cart? I need it for price comparing portals like zbozi.cz or heureka.cz...
Thnaks! :)
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: XML feed

Post by Jan »

Hi, I am working now on basic structure of XML feed in Phoca Cart. Such which then can be extended for different providers like zbozi.cz or heureka.cz. Hopefully I will do it soon.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Honza7
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by Honza7 »

Thank for your answer. I'm looking forward to new version hoping it will be soon available. :)
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok, for now I need to select specific form how to do the XML Feed, there are two possible options:

- user can define specific XML for each service and the variables will be changed: e.g. <sometag>TITLE</somtag> - then all variables will be replaced in whole XML - this method is great for adding different XMLs of different services but takes more memory then:
- user sets tags and their values: e.g. sometag=TITLE, ... and the XML will be created - this is faster but user cannot define the XML file (e.g. when there are specific tags or attributes in XML)

So, I hope, I will find some way which will not take a lot of memory when creating XML (this is something what can happen oft as a lot of products with a lot of options can create large XML file) and will be variable and users will have the option to change the XML output easily. :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project