Migration from Virtuemart. Is that possible?

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
MarioP
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Migration from Virtuemart. Is that possible?

Post by MarioP »

Hi,
I'd like begin to test the Phoca Cart component and this way contribute to it's progress. I've been using Virtuemart (in a catalogue mode) so far but seeing that your extension promises to be great (as your any extension by the way :) ) I'd like to devote some of my time to test your Phoca Cart. The best and fastest way to do this would be transfer the products from VM to your extension. Is that possible? Maybe it's a silly question concerning a thing not possible to realize (I'm not a programmer) but maybe...
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Migration from Virtuemart. Is that possible?

Post by Jan »

Hi, I didn't test it yet. Mostly migration from one component to another is very difficult as the database structure is different.

In fact - all the tables needs to be compared - when there are some similar column names or the same column names - such need to be exported and then imported - this can be done. But if there will be different database structure, then it is hard to make a migration :-( :-(

So, for now, unfortunately, there are a lot of tasks I need to do regarding Phoca Cart, so I think, I will be not able to look at such migration :-( :-(

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project