Time frame for car as catalog?

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
ch2856
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Time frame for car as catalog?

Post by ch2856 »

Hi Jan,

I know it's on the way, but is there a time frame for the option to use phoca cart as catalog?

Thanks,
Ran
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Time frame for car as catalog?

Post by Jan »

Hi, now I am working on Beta3 - there I have added filtering options (module, etc.) so maybe waiting for Beta 3 is recommended as there the filtering and searching products will be implemented. It is really hard to say some time frame. E.g. for filtering, because of many many limitations, I did specific javascript code which took me some weeks to work. So hard to say - sometimes you are doing some feature but you recognize, that the feature should be improved and completed with another feature and at the end you are creating new four features but the plan was only one.

EDIT:
And of course, new feature in Beta 3 will be displaying/adding add to cart button so this is important feature for catalog function, so I will say you should wait at least for Beta3 ... Filtering is done, now I am working on searching but I hope I will finish it soon.

If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
ch2856
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by ch2856 »

Thanks Jan,

I'll be waiting for BETA3. Do you think it's OK to start working on inserting items now and then upgrading?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, between BETA version, there is no upgrade script to upgrade database structures and there is change in database structure (becasue of filtering and searching) in Beta3, so it is better to wait for the Beta3

Jan
toonytoony2004
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by toonytoony2004 »

waiting for BETA3 too and thank you jan for all work. Please take care.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, I am now finishing Phoca Download and then I will take a look at the next version of Phoca Cart.

Jan