Guest Checkout Error

Post by NASS Sundials »

Joomla 3.10.11 PhocaCart 3.5.8
User config:
Display Edit Profile: No
Guest Checkout: Yes
Guest Checkout (Auto Enable):Yes
Order - Guest Access: Yes

When customer checks out, step(1) shows Guest Check Out, step(2) customer fills out billing and shipping info, filling all required fields. Most of the time Save is correct and customer goes on to shipping/payment options.

But... sometimes in saving step(2) customer gets "Error - user is not logged in" and "Error while storing data". Don't understand. Of course user is not logged in, customer is a guest. So not sure why info is not stored. Should I see something in phoca system logs? (I don't) What would cause this intermittent error?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Guest Checkout Error

Post by Jan »

Hi, hard to say, what can be wrong there, do you use some cache feature on your site?

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
NASS Sundials
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by NASS Sundials »

I did a check of global configuration. No caching is used. Session time is 10 minutes. Would longer session time help?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, I don't think, the problem is the session. This looks more like some cache problem when the browser does not get right information, but really hard to say, what really can be wrong there :idea:

Testing now on both J3 and J4 test servers, and everything is OK. Will be great to get some key when this error happens. :idea:

Jan
NASS Sundials
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by NASS Sundials »

Jan,

I think I have found the problem. When I fill in the billing form and have in my browser name, address, etc. and it automatically fills in the form (plus manual country, state), I get the error. But if I go back to each field and delete the last character and then retype it (as now a "fresh" data entry), then no error and I can proceed with shipping method, and payment.

So as you have guessed, it is a cache problem...but a cache that is in my browser. Technology is trying to help too much.
Bob
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok, thank you for the info.

Jan
NASS Sundials
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by NASS Sundials »

Still using PhocaCart 3.5.8 and Joomla! 3.10.11
We are getting about 5% of our users unable to submit name/address/etc. getting "Error Error-user is not logged in Error while storing data" This is the same problem reported back in Oct 2022.

We treat all users as "guest". Is there a way I can debug this problem? It is very annoying to our users (mostly paying annual membership). Any advice welcome.

Bob
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, do you get some more detailed information.

E.g. which browser is used, do you have screenshot of the error (to see which message exactly is displayed - to know if this error comes from Phoca Cart or some other part of the system), etc.

It this is about X% of users, maybe it is good to find what connects them together (browser, existing account, ...) :idea:

Jan