Lots of questions

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
ppetree
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Lots of questions

Post by ppetree »

I'm creating an indie book publisher site that will sell various kinds of products. Here are my questions:

1) For customers who purchase epubs: I noticed there's a download plugin but it's not clear as to whether the download can be allowed only AFTER payment has been made. Is this possible? Digital Downloads AFTER payment?

2) For customers who purchase actual books: After the transaction, I will need to run a php script that submits the order to the book distributor who will pack it and ship it. This script will only be run if the purchase has an actual book. Is there a way to do this?

3) IS there a payment plugin for Stripe? That's who we use for credit card payments. If there's no plugin, how do you manage payments via stripe? Found it!

Thanks all!
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Lots of questions

Post by Jan »

Hi,

1) there is no plugin for this, this is standard core feature. You can have public download file which can be download immediately and then download files which are published after payment. (Order status decides if the file will be available for download)

2) For now I don't know any such solution, so maybe a plugin should be written for this.

3) OK

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
ppetree
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by ppetree »

Hi Jan. Thanks for your reply.

1) Ok.

2) That's an issue. If you look at an extension like ConvertForms you'll see how they do it. Basically, there are several textarea's (before form display, after form submit etc) and in those textarea's you can paste your php code and they will execute it based on the event associated with the textarea. It's easy to configure. You could even let the admin point to the .php script to execute for the relevant event.

In your extra spare time... LOL
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, OK, 2) I think the best solution for this is always run the plugin (which of course ban be based on some php script, etc. :idea: )

Jan
ppetree
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by ppetree »

A plugin would be good. Is there a phoca template with the events and data documented?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, the events are stored in core component, you can find them in code, when you search for e.g.:

getApplication()->triggerEvent('
or simply:
->triggerEvent('

Jan
ppetree
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by ppetree »

Thanks Jan.

I'm gonna go with another solution. They're much further along this curve and so much of the process is already documented. One even provides the plugin with the events and incoming data documented (so it's a far easier lift).

FWIW, I think a plugin in that we pay for that integrates with OrderDesk.com would be a nice upsell.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok