Cannot register customer

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
mnixson
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Cannot register customer

Post by mnixson »

I don't know what I'm missing but when I add an item to my shopping cart, the Create An Account button exists but is grayed out. Clicking on it sends me to my home page. See https://talos4.net/j4-A/index.php/video ... 1/s91-2019. I've been though the entire Phoca Options tabs and cannot find where this would be enabled or disabled. Could this be a permissions problem in my user permissions? User registration in Joomla (4.1.3) is enabled and the default new user group is Registered. I'm not seeing any errors in Console DevTools so I'm at a loss here.
saltri77
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Re: Cannot register customer

Post by saltri77 »

Hi,
actually I tried to add something to the cart and it works perfectly.
mnixson
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by mnixson »

The problem is not adding items to the cart but creating a new account. After adding an item to the cart, viewing the cart and going to checkout (I've added more checkout functionality since the previous post), I am not able to 'Create an account'. I've tried this on multiple browsers (Brave and Firefox) in multiple OS's (linuxmint and windows 7) so I'm pretty sure it is not browser or OS specific. It is likely something related to Joomla or how I have Phoca Cart configured. My bet is on the latter.
saltri77
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by saltri77 »

Hi,
I've just tried again. I can complete the order by the Guest check out, but, as you say, I can't create an account so, I guess you have to activate the User Registration in the Joomla core. Go on the section about the user administration, click on the Option button and then choose the right thing about the registration of the users.
Or, control everything in the options of Phoca cart, about the check out with or without registration.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi,

as saltri77 wrote, registration is done by Joomla itself, so it needs to be enabled in Joomla too (display registration button in Phoca Cart options, and enable registering of users in Joomla User Management options)

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
mnixson
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by mnixson »

I discovered that the problem was template related. If I defaulted the site and all relevant modules to the built in Joomla Cassiopeia template, all registration functionality including the Phoca Cart registration worked fine. It was only when everything was set to point to the RocketTheme template I was using (Phoenix) that Joomla could not display the registration page (in Joomla or in the Phoca Cart). I ended up creating a hidden menu item pointing to the User Registration form menu type and (with the RT template being the default option). Note that nothing per se points to this menu item but it's existence was enough the fix the problem.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, thank your for this info.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project