Catalog with requests for quotes instead of prices and a classic cart/procedure?

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
fakemoth
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Catalog with requests for quotes instead of prices and a classic cart/procedure?

Post by fakemoth »

Hi, pfff long story short, time for weird questions :D Is it possible for Phoca Cart to be set up something like:
- no prices for products (solved via settings);
- the cart shouldn't display any prices at all (now everything is in zeroes, any chance it could just ignore prices?);
- somehow skip the final steps for Shipping Options and Payment Options, can't find anything regarding these...;
- just send an email when order is finalized?

As you may guess I need most of the functionality of a shopping system but given the specificity of the products they just can't have prices, so everything should work more like a quotation system, with clients "ordering" requests of offer for certain products and their respective quantities. And the only thing that fits is a shopping cart with reduced functionality, even if Phoca offers so much and I am being immensely grateful.

Hope I didn't ruin anyone's day "lookie here, a guy wants less not more" :idea: Thanks!
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Catalog with requests for quotes instead of prices and a classic cart/procedure?

Post by Jan »

Hi,

- to not display price for product - just set the products as "price on demand" products in edit of product:

- when there are no payment or shipping methods, such are not displayed in checkout

- email is set in order status, so if order is initialized, it is in pending status - just set sending of email for pending status.

BTW price on demand product cannot be ordered, so you can set the products standard and instead of "zero" price you can set nothing to display:

Image (e.g. empty space)

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
fakemoth
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Re: Catalog with requests for quotes instead of prices and a classic cart/procedure?

Post by fakemoth »

Thank you for answering, will keep with the order of your answers:
- users should be able to add products, so as you said, On demand might not help;
- this might be a bug or more probably is something I that am doing very wrong, please bare with me, really want to learn. I have nothing (deleted, added, deleted again) in the left menu in the Shipping, Taxes, Payment, Currencies entries. Even disabled all the plugins, and still get this in the checkout:
https://imgur.com/a/eMRQ8LM
- those fields are empty already (also tried adding a space, some text) and deactivated all the options I thought will make prices appear, though I still get 0.00 in View cart - checkout, both in the page and the modal at mouse over as seen:
https://imgur.com/a/uOuYYLM

Other screenshots, things I tried:
https://imgur.com/a/8fNTV0l
https://imgur.com/a/QBsYb4j
fakemoth
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by fakemoth »

Any suggestion how can I set this up? Thank you.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi,

1) then "Zero Price Label" and "Zero Price Text" parameters in options can help as they can change the 0 of the price displayed
2) did you check the "Skip Shipping Method" and "Skip Payment Method" parameters in Options?

3) The checkout is just a calculation, so there will be always 0 for zero price. The only way is to hide all the prices with CSS :idea:
But you can hide the zero total with parameter: "Display Zero Total"

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project