Phoca Cart and Paypal

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
Robx61
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Phoca Cart and Paypal

Post by Robx61 »

Good morning. I am creating a small e-commerce with Joomla 4.0.5 now 4.0.6 and the Phoca Cart component version 4Beta. The combination works very well and the component is rather flexible and intuitive.
I am doing some tests with the Paypal payment formula in SandBox mode. The procedure works very well but there is a detail that I cannot resolve. Ecommerce doesn't actually sell products but files. The procedure should unlock the files for download after payment with Paypal ... The problem is that when Paypal communicates the payment and publishes the page for redirection to the site, it responds with a page where it publishes the notice of Payment Canceled, while the page that allows the download of the order should be published.
I wanted to know if anyone has more experience with this kind of procedure and what would be the settings to solve this malfunction ... I have tried them all ...

Thank you in advance for any interventions and advice ...
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Phoca Cart and Paypal

Post by Jan »

Hi, when customer pays with Paypal, there are two communication channels:

1) Paypal redirects the user back to the site (where he/she get different info message based on if the action was successfull or not)
2) PayPal communicates internally with the server and send the information about the payment. Based on this internal communication between PayPal server and vendor's server the order status will be changed. And you can define if the download will be active when order status is changed.

E.g. download files will be available only when status is changed to confirmed. So when PayPal confirms the payment and changes the status to "confirmed", then the file list of downloadable files will be displayed for customer.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Robx61
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by Robx61 »

Thanks Jan, you turned on a little light for me ... I understand that the order status is the responsible for planning the automation of the purchase / sale ... what is not clear to me is the reason why of a successful payment, Paypal sandbox confirms it, the response of the Paypal sandbox server triggers the Information page with the message "payment canceled" instead of sending to the download page as it should be ...

NB: the purchased file is correctly activated in the orders section ... like a successful purchase ...
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, hmmm, really hard to say what can be wrong there, did you check the statuses in payment method in administration? If they are set correctly?

If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project