Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

B2C and B2B

Post by jpeters »

Hello Jan,
is it possible to have
price incl tax shown for B2C
price excl. tax shown for B2B

generally i can set the tax calculation include or exclude.
but for B2C i would like to have the price incl. tax.. no tax shown in shippingkart/checkout
and for B2B i would like to have price excl. tax.. and tax shown in shoppingkart / checkout
Angelo.pe
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Re: B2C and B2B

Post by Angelo.pe »

This post is very interesting!!
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, for now, there is no such option. But not sure if I understand it correctly: The B2B customer still need to see the prices with VAT as he/she pays it with VAT which will be returned to him/her. :idea: So even such customer is interested in seeing the price with VAT, he/she still needs to see even VAT price :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
jpeters
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Post by jpeters »

Hello Jan,
i will try to explain.
B2B customers need to see al prices without VAT, VAT percentage and amount (on productpage, on checkout, on invoice)
so product price (netto), VAT and price (brutto) as phoca cart calculation explains.
for B2B customers brutto prices are important because VAT returns to him/her (requirement that VAT is on invoice).

but for B2C customers want to see only product price (brutto) on product, checkout and invoice.
perhaps in checkout and invoice only the total amount of VAT.

the only thing i can think of now is to create B2B products and B2C products.
in calculation set it to Netto.
the B2C products have prices an no tax defined
the B2B products has prices and tax defined.

B2C products only for customer group B2C
B2B products only for customers group B2B.

when someone register and would like to have a B2B .. the need to have VAT number and chamber of commerce option on registration and based on that the customer needs to get member of B2B customer group.
currently i dont know a way to automate that.. so requests need to be done manually.

because calculation of VAT is a general setting and not configurable to customer group.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Yes, but I still don't understand. As B2C customer I get the Price Netto, Tax, Price Brutto listed on every receipt/invoice I get (at the convenience store, at the gas station, at the hobby market, everywhere). Mostly if you sell products to all different custombers (B2C, B2B) you just display the price including tax, etc. Of course for B2C customer, the only Brutto price is important, but I have never seen that people getting receipt, where there is tax displayed, are somehow confused with such receipt.

For now,
- if you are e.g. not VAT payer, you just does not use calculation with VAT (so only Brutto is displayed)
- if you are VAT payer, you just display prices including VAT information
- if you are VAT payer but don't want tu display additional VAT information in catalog, the way is to hide such ifnormation with e.g. CSS and let only Brutto price displayed (depends on you if only in catalog, or even in checkout)
- if you want to do the same in invoice, there is override for this (but I will not recommend it, this is just normal case that invoices or receipts do have VAT information even such inovice or receipts gets B2C customer)

So the question is, if someone has B2C and B2B customers, what is the best way when someone wants to have different price output

- to make it inside the calculation (can be very problematic because of all the possible features like customer prices, VAT, different VAT for each country, etc. etc.)
- or to make it only as design (like when there is B2C customer, hide the VAT information with CSS

And this can be different for catalog views like for checkout like for receipt or invoice?

The question is now, should this be core feature or should the be done per CSS/template override for custom specific eshops?

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project