Coupons and products used as Gift

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
Drex
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Coupons and products used as Gift

Post by Drex »

Hello,

As there are is not Gift system integrated with Phoca Cart i decided to try and adapt with what we have, so:
- i created a Coupon with a fixed ammount that can be used only once by one customer
- i created a Product with a download file, file that contains the coupon code that can be used only once by one user only

For the most part it does the trick, but i have 2 main problems:
- the file/download link isn't sent to the customer's email so he can't download it unless he is registered and goes into the Download page
- i have to keep the stock of the product always at 1 piece so when its bought by a customer it can't be bought again by another one since the coupon will not work the second time
- i will have to create a new coupon code everytime someone buys one to replace the old one

How do you guys think i can tackle this?

Thank you,
Alex
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Coupons and products used as Gift

Post by Jan »

Hi,

1) download - you can add download url variable to email, but all the download is managed in the download section (because of displaying different files, managing rights, attempts, etc. etc.)

https://www.phoca.cz/documents/116-phoc ... or-vendors

{downloadlink}

2)3) Hmmm, I think more about customized solution than using this core feature - something like marking a product as gift and when such product will be ordered, it will automatically create coupon code assigned to this user (but then there will be problem what if user will buy a gift for another user, etc. etc. etc.) :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Drex
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Drex »

Jan wrote: 21 Jun 2021, 16:21 Hi,

1) download - you can add download url variable to email, but all the download is managed in the download section (because of displaying different files, managing rights, attempts, etc. etc.)

https://www.phoca.cz/documents/116-phoc ... or-vendors

{downloadlink}

2)3) Hmmm, I think more about customized solution than using this core feature - something like marking a product as gift and when such product will be ordered, it will automatically create coupon code assigned to this user (but then there will be problem what if user will buy a gift for another user, etc. etc. etc.) :idea:

Jan
Hey Ian, i've tried to add the {downloadlink} but the download link still isnt sent to the customer.

Any idea where the problem is? I can provide admin access if you want to take a look in the backend.

Thanks,
Alex
dmlwebal
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Post by dmlwebal »

Nice!

I also would be very interested in this :)

It is something that my clients have asked for but is beyond my current abilities.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Drex

The download is connected to order status, so you can define in order status that the file can be downloaded.

So if the order status is for example "pending" and there is no set the download, then the download link will be not displayed.

dmlwebal

My idea is following:

- In product edit, you will define, that the product is type "gift"
- when the product will be ordered and it will have the type "gift", a coupon will be automatically generated (so you will be able to see it in administration - some limits can be set - e.g. it will be usable only one time, etc. etc.)
- user gets the code of the coupon when ordering the product "gift"
- then everything will work with coupon like it works now. The user who will have the coupon code, will just use this coupon when ordering some new product.

So in fact, the coupon part is ready, only adding the coupon to system when ordering the product (type "gift") needs to be done.

Jan
dmlwebal
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Post by dmlwebal »

Hi Jan

Yes, I agree. It was always going to be a mix of existing voucher coupon and downloadable product so agreed, but ideally it needs a method to send to email recipient of purchaser's choice. So, end recipient who receives voucher as a 'gift' will need to enter their email address (to match recipient email address) as well as voucher token. And be useable only once. Perhaps this can be encoded in token?

Regards
David
Drex
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Drex »

Jan wrote: 24 Jun 2021, 22:45 Drex

The download is connected to order status, so you can define in order status that the file can be downloaded.

So if the order status is for example "pending" and there is no set the download, then the download link will be not displayed.

Jan
Hi Jan,

The above screenshot is from Completed order status, just like this one:
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, what is your option in Phoca Cart parameter for parameter "download expiration date"

Is your product marked as downloadable product:

Jan
Drex
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Drex »

Jan wrote: 28 Jun 2021, 15:30 Hi, what is your option in Phoca Cart parameter for parameter "download expiration date"

Is your product marked as downloadable product:

Jan
Hey,

1. 0
2. yes

Giving the fact that even if this would've work, human input would still be req after every purchase i decided quit this method. I will sell the Gift cards as products but will manualy generate and send coupon codes to clients after payment confirmation. Shouldnt be that hard since its a low order volume store.
Thanks for your help tho and hopefuly someone will have time in te future to implement a proper gift system, im sure it will be much appreciated.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

OK