Display of Tax

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
proa24
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Display of Tax

Post by proa24 »

When I click on view product the amount of tax owed if applicable is shown along with price of product. How do I show total amount of tax not with each individual product but only total amount of tax owed in checkout. Thanks
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Display of Tax

Post by Jan »

Hi, if you are using tax, it is displayed everywhere - in product detail, in checkout. So you can disable using tax or if it needs to be enabled for the checkout, the best method is to hide it per CSS in product detail :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
proa24
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by proa24 »

[img][/img]I am in Los Angeles California and have set a Region tax for CA. Only those who purchase and live in CA will pay tax the others will not. Since the tax is shown everywhere someone in Las Vegas Nevada will see tax included with the price when they view product. So I would like tax to be shown when customer goes to check out not hide it completely.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, you can set the tax for region.

Example: you will create tax with cost = 0. and in region (see region list) you will set this tax to e.g. 10% for users from CA. So when users log in and they will select, they are from CA, the will get the VAT 10%, others will get 0.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project