Newsletter module & multilanguage

Phoca Email (Newsletter) - sending emails and managing newsletters in Joomla! CMS
Semula
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Newsletter module & multilanguage

Post by Semula »

Hello there,

I'm trying to use the module for the newsletter (of course I installed the email component) for my multilanguage joomla 3.x website (e.g. english and french), but I'm having some troubles: when a user subscribes from the french side of the website, the displayed messages (e.g. "confirmation email has been sent...") from the component are still in english (and i have the french .ini files under the "language" directory). I verified that the component always read the string to display from the en-GB.com_phocaemail.ini, it doesn't matter if the user is subscribing from the french website.

I followed these steps, assigning the right language to the module and menu item:

1) Install Phoca Email component in Joomla! administration

2) Install Phoca Email Newsletter module in Joomla! adminstration - set position for the module, publish it and assign it to menu

3) If the links included in newsletter email (activation link, unsubscribe link, ...) should be SEF links, create a menu link to Phoca Email component - newsletter. Such menu link can be stored in hidden menu group, so it will be not displayed on the site but it will be active.

I can't understand why the message is still being displayed in english if the page of the website (the menu item) is assigned to another language.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Tags:
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Newsletter module & multilanguage

Post by Jan »

Hi, thank you for the info, such way of multilangual feature was not implemented. I have added it to feature request list and will take a look at it. If it will be possible to store user's language (the site language on where user subscribed) and then load such language for the email.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Semula
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Re: Newsletter module & multilanguage

Post by Semula »

Thanks Jan, I appreciate it!