Email Newsletter feedback

Phoca Email (Newsletter) - sending emails and managing newsletters in Joomla! CMS
p38
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Email Newsletter feedback

Post by p38 »

Hi Jan, seems like the other topic is locked.

The component is working well.......I have some feedback for you on some things I have found.......

1) When creating a new newsletter, and then you assign a mailing list, it does not save it first time. You have to re-edit the newsletter and then assign again. Only then is it saved. This is what caught me out last time when it sent to all subscribers.
2) Does the "read online" placeholder facility only work if you attach an article? So does the email text get ignored?
3) Is it possible to copy and implement the file upload code you have in the "Send EMail" option into the newsletter send email? Most often, one will want to attach a document (eg: pdf, jpg etc) to your newsletter and send it with.
4) In the Status send listbox, is it possible to always show the last email info sent first on the list as it is sending? If one has 200 emails, one never knows when the last email has been sent and it has stopped sending, or you cannot monitor as it gets sent cause the listbox scroll bar is disbled while sending.

Other than that, all is working brilliantly I have sent numerous newsletters already, and are getting subscribers each day, so teh wole process is working well,

many thanks

Paul
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Email Newsletter feedback

Post by Jan »

Hi,

hmmm
1) do you get some error there - e.g. javascript error? https://www.phoca.cz/documents/16-joomla ... -conflicts

2) Read online is just a link to selected article - not the the message itself

3) added to feature request list

4) yes, this is right, I will add there some info.

Thank you for the info.

Jan

If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
p38
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by p38 »

Thanks Jan,

I will user Firebug and see if there are any JS conflicts with this and get back to you.

Paul
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project