It seems that Joomla 2.5 is stripping html off before...

Phoca Email (Newsletter) - sending emails and managing newsletters in Joomla! CMS
cheyennemtnman
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

It seems that Joomla 2.5 is stripping html off before...

Post by cheyennemtnman »

Sending the email... Using JCE... insert using source editor with HTML... looks good before I send but after sending it strips the html...
is there a way to get around this?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: It seems that Joomla 2.5 is stripping html off before...

Post by Jan »

Hi, if HTML is enabled in Options, the email should be sent with HTML :idea: (testing now, and got normal HTML - tested with tinymce)

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
cheyennemtnman
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by cheyennemtnman »

It is interesting ... I paste my html code directly from DreamWeaver and when I paste it in... it does look normal until I toggle the editor... and that is when it strips... the h ttp:// mywebsite.com/ off the picture link of h ttp:// mywebsite.com/images/mypic.gif to /images/mypic.gif... if I change it in the editor to add the h ttp:// mywebsite.com/ back in... and send it strips it off before sending the email out.... I have tested it numerous times and same result. Could it be Joomla is stripping it out?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, not sure if this is done by Joomla! or by the editor :idea: but yes, the paths are stripped to internal path.

Jan
cheyennemtnman
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by cheyennemtnman »

I am in Joomla 3.2 and again the same thing is occurring... I still have to use DW to create the HTML message with links and copy the html code from DW and paste in source mode of phoca mail then send... after it sends I have clear the resulting message because it has been stripped of HTML and formatting of the original message. Other than that I am happy with the results....
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, was the mail sent with HTML.

- if not - then the editor strips the html
- if yes - then it is ok

after redirecting back - after sending an email, the values (last used values) will be set again to email function (this is an extra feature). But it does not work for the content as the html cannot be saved in Joomla! request features.

So depends on which problem from both you have.

if editor - then it needs to be tested with other editor or without editor
if request - then joomla request function needs to be customized (see similar posts in this forum, where I have written a guide for this) - unfortunately this is the joomla feature so such cannot be done in the component :-(

Jan