Phoca Email Error - 404

Phoca Email (Newsletter) - sending emails and managing newsletters in Joomla! CMS
san65
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Phoca Email Error - 404

Post by san65 »

Hello Jan,

Thank you for putting in the public domain a very functional component that enables site managers to email people through the front-end. Appreciated.

I installed Phoca Email 1.0.0 on Joomla 1.5.20. After successful installation and setting of parameters, I created a menu link in a user menu. The link created is: index.php?option=com_phocaemail. Clicking this link leads to 404 error. Upon investigation, I found that:

1. A new sub-folder was created in the components folder - com_phocaemail. However, this sub-folder is empty. There are no files in here.

2. A new sub-folder was created in the www\<sitename>\ folder - phocaemail. This folder has one file - "index.html" and a sub-folder - vm. The vm sub-folder in turn has one file - "index.html".

In the back-end, clicking on the component "Phocaemail" >> Write leads to a proper email form, which I can fill up and send as email. However, in the front-end, there is the aforementioned problem.

How do I resolve this issue? I would really like to have the functionality in the front-end.

Thanks in advance.
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Phoca Email Error - 404

Post by Benno »

Hi,
as far as I know, Phoca Email is not made for frontend use.
See: https://www.phoca.cz/phocaemail
* Phoca Email is used for sending emails from other components like e.g. sending Invoice, Delivery Note or Receipt from VirtueMart component
* Phoca Email can be used to quickly send emails from Joomla! administration site.
Kind regards,
Benno
san65
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by san65 »

Hi,

Thanks for the update on this; appreciated.

The way it looked in the back-end, was superb. The component installer created the appropriate subfolder in the component folder too for front-end. Only, it did not transfer the requisite files and folders in it. I manually copied the content of the Phoca mail subfolder in administrator area to the front-end folder, but it didn't work. I am pretty sure that, for the developer, it would easy to put that specific snippet which will make the back-end screen appear in the front-end too. At the same time, I appreciate that it does take effort.

Here's wishing the developer all the best. Thanks again.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, creating the same behaviour takes cca 7x more time than creating it for the admin :-( There is problem with security too :-(

Added into feature request list.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
radyhorse
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by radyhorse »

Hello,
I have exactly the same problem.
I did not understand if the problem has been solved or not.
Could anybody lit the lite? I would be disappointing if this component could be out because I like it a lot (there are other similar components, which are working but are not elegant).
Thank you to everybody.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, which problem do you exactly mean?
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project