Poblem with groups & tables in group description

Phoca Restaurant Menu - restaurant menu manager
FrankWe
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Poblem with groups & tables in group description

Post by FrankWe »

Hello,

I have a problem with Group creation/editing. The Problem is that it is not possible to add tables to the Group description in the edior. When you add a table and Switch then the tab to "code" or "preview" everything is fine and the table is shown. But when you save the Group the table Definition is lost and the table is no longer shown. Only the text that has been entered into the table is shown.

Why is this Happening? It would be great to have the possibility to add table in the Group description to be able to Format the Output. And also the formatting informaion (e.g. text in bold or italic) is lost when saving the description.

Is this a bug or a "Feature"?

Kind regards, Frank
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Poblem with groups & tables in group description

Post by Jan »

Hi, what you mean with table? Can you paste a screenshot to know what you exactly mean?

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
christine
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by christine »

Hi Frank,
FrankWe wrote: 04 Jan 2018, 13:06And also the formatting informaion (e.g. text in bold or italic) is lost when saving the description.
are you in HTML Mode? Just an idea: Maybe you should check the "Filter settings". See here: https://www.joomlabeginner.com/blog/tut ... -html-code (TinyMCE)

Which Editor are you using? JCE > Profiles > e.g. Default > Editor Global Configuration Cleanup & Output.

Kind regards, Christine
FrankWe
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by FrankWe »

Hello,
Thank you for the answers. The editor I am using is JCE Editor. But I don't think that it is a global configuration problem. Within Phoca Restaurant Menu I am able to use table and formatting tags in the settings of the "Bill of fare" as an example and they are not deleted when I save ths settings. Only when I use formattings tags and tables in the description of groups in the "Bill of Fare"the formatting informations are being deleted.

So I think that this is a problem within Phoca Restaurant menu.

Tomorrow I will add some screenshots here to show the problem.

Frank
FrankWe
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by FrankWe »

Hello,

I would like to upload some screenshots here showing the problem but I am not able to find how to do that.

Frank
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

Hi,
see forum Rule #5 forum-rules.php
If you have problem on your site, please paste the link to your site or link a screenshot of your site (store your screenshot on some image server and paste a link to this image into the post).
Kind regards,
Benno
FrankWe
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by FrankWe »

Hello again,

here is now the link to a document where you hopefully can see the problem.

https://frank-we.de/index.php/sonstiges ... urant-menu

Regards,
Frank
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, try to open this file:

administrator\components\com_phocamenu\models\forms\phocamenuconfig.xml

and change (cca line 17)

Code: Select all

<field name="header" type="editor" buttons="true" hide="pagebreak,readmore" class="inputbox" label="COM_PHOCAMENU_FIELD_HEADER_LABEL" description="COM_PHOCAMENU_FIELD_HEADER_DESC" filter="safehtml" />
<field name="footer" type="editor" buttons="true" hide="pagebreak,readmore" class="inputbox" label="COM_PHOCAMENU_FIELD_FOOTER_LABEL" description="COM_PHOCAMENU_FIELD_FOOTER_DESC" filter="safehtml" />
TO:

Code: Select all

<field name="header" type="editor" buttons="true" hide="pagebreak,readmore" class="inputbox" label="COM_PHOCAMENU_FIELD_HEADER_LABEL" description="COM_PHOCAMENU_FIELD_HEADER_DESC" filter="JComponentHelper::filterText" />
<field name="footer" type="editor" buttons="true" hide="pagebreak,readmore" class="inputbox" label="COM_PHOCAMENU_FIELD_FOOTER_LABEL" description="COM_PHOCAMENU_FIELD_FOOTER_DESC" filter="JComponentHelper::filterText"/>
And try to change something in the Settings.

Let me know if this helped to solve the problem or not.

Thank you, Jan
FrankWe
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by FrankWe »

Hello Jan,

first of all thank you for your reply. But as I am having the problem with the description of groups I think the file

administrator\components\com_phocamenu\models\forms\phocamenugroup.xml

is the one that must be changed. So I made the changes you mentioned in this file and changed it to:

......description="COM_PHOCAMENU_FIELD_GROUP_DESCRIPTION_DESC" filter="JComponentHelper::filterText"

I then tested it again and the formatting info is still being deleted when saving.

Then I looked into the file "administrator\components\com_phocamenu\models\forms\phocamenuconfig.xml" as I think that this one should be the form for editing the "Bill of fare" settings as in this case I am able to format the description and after saving the formatting info is still there after saving. But in this file the value for "filter" is exactly the same as in the file for the group. In both cases it is "safehtml". One is working the other not.

So I think that the problem has nothing to do with the filter setting. There must be something else.

Any other ideas?

Regards,
Frank
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, maybe it is similar case to this:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=58535&p=149973#p149973

But as written in the post, I have tested it (I have 3 different servers) without any problems, so seems like maybe in Joomla! some specific filtering is enabled :idea: - really hard to say I am now testing all possible combinations and still don't get any similar problem :idea: