Add Marker With Article

Phoca Maps - displaying maps in Joomla! CMS
KWadson
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Add Marker With Article

Post by KWadson »

Hello! I am new to the forums and have just started using Phoca Maps for my site.

I am attempting to set up a map on my Joomla site which automatically adds markers to a common map when a user creates an article, via PHP or script that takes the address provided in the submitted article and creates a marker. Before opening the plugin to find the marker creation code, I was wondering if others may have created a solution to achieve this task previously. With the limited documentation, there doesn't appear to be an API setup to access Phoca functions.

Any insight, as I get use to the system, would be welcome!

Thank you.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Add Marker With Article

Post by Jan »

Hi, for now, I think, there is no such code or some guide to do this. For this you need to directly access the Phoca Maps database - the marker table. So in short, you can write some plugin which will be triggered when saving the article. Such plugin will prepare data and writes such data directly to database table of Phoca Maps (the markers table) :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
KWadson
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by KWadson »

I had a feeling that would be the case. Thank you for the insight Jan. Guess I will go get to it!
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project