Hi Jan,

here is the same status.

Heiko
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: No satellite view

Post by Jan »

Hi, from the discussion on google issuetracker, this seems like maybe some conflict between different JS libraries on the site or some issue direclty in Google Maps. Really hard to say what can be the problem there :-(

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
thepimster
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by thepimster »

Jan,
I opened a case at Google and they gave me the following:
Hello Pim,

Thank you for contacting Google Maps Platform technical support. My name is Waren and I'll be helping you today with your issue.

I understand that your Joomla implementation for the Google Maps Platform is currently returning no imagery messages.

Kindly note that this is a known issue regarding the usage of custom polyfills and the usage of the "Array.from()" method which is currently conflicting with the rendering of the tiles from the Google Maps Platform. You should be able to see the following error message if you check the JavaScript Console of the webpage where you are using the map, the message is highlighted in red:

"This site overrides Array.from() with an implementation that doesn't support iterables, which could cause Google Maps JavaScript API v3 to not work correctly."

To open the JavaScript console in a webpage, you can press "CTRL + Shift + J", using a Google Chrome browser.

You can read about the issue in detail in the following link to the Issue Tracker:

https://issuetracker.google.com/142335161#comment33

Kindly note that for the "Workaround" you will now have to use the "quarterly" channel. Here is a sample of that using the Maps JavaScript API call in your webpage:

https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js ... =quarterly

Both the workaround and fix to the issue can be found in the following post within the same entry:

https://issuetracker.google.com/142335161

I hope this information helps! Please let me know if you require any clarification or if I can be of further help.
After some messing around without much luck I just added the last part of his sample URL to my API key, and it worked!!!!

@Heiko; I am sure it'll work for you too, just add '&v=quarterly' to the end of you API key in options of your Phoca Maps contro panel.
Everything working for me again
Pim
Heiko
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by Heiko »

thepimster wrote: 15 Nov 2021, 17:19 After some messing around without much luck I just added the last part of his sample URL to my API key, and it worked!!!!

@Heiko; I am sure it'll work for you too, just add '&v=quarterly' to the end of you API key in options of your Phoca Maps contro panel.
Everything working for me again
Pim
Hello Pim!

You're my hero! 😀
It works like a charm … 👍🏻

Thank you very much for your support!!

Heiko
thepimster
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by thepimster »

Well...... here we are again. It stopped working amd we are back to 'Sorry, we have no imagery here.' :cry:
Certainly hope you have a permanent solution for us Jan.
I am now just embedding Google maps in HTML. but Phoca Maps looks better and more professional.

Pim
Heiko
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by Heiko »

Same here … 😢
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, the only one idea I have now, is that the conflict JS needs to be found. This is will be not so easy, - modules, plugins needs to be disabled (for test only) to see if it is not caused by some plugin or module. Or the template needs to be changed (even only for test) to see if the conflict part does not come from the template.
"This site overrides Array.from() with an implementation that doesn't support iterables, which could cause Google Maps JavaScript API v3 to not work correctly."
Unfortunately, this is not much detailed information as there is no information by which script is the Array.from() overriden. If we know the script we can be closer to the solution :idea:

Jan
thepimster
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by thepimster »

Jan,
Someone suggested to install a Jquery plugin as mootools might be causing my issue.
I don't use mootools (I think) and don't even know what it is. But I installed the Jquery ease plugin and messed around with it for a bit.
I found a setting in the Mootools tab to disable it when possible. I tried it and it seems to be working fine now, but I don't know its effect on the rest of my site....
Could it be an issue with the Gantry framework I am using in combination with my Rockettheme template?
Anyway, thanks for your help, it is working for now.
@Heiko, you might want to try this as well :-)

Pim
thepimster
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by thepimster »

Jan said:
the only one idea I have now, is that the conflict JS needs to be found.....If we know the script we can be closer to the solution
Very true.
With the help of Rockettheme (my template supplier) we found that I still used some old Rockettheme extensions, using MooTools with conflicting javascript.
I uninstalled the RokBox extension and all my maps show the satellite imagery once again!!
The only place where it still doesn't work is in the Phoca Maps backend. In the set coordinates window the satellite imagery is not displayed, which makes it harder to create a map and set the marker on the exact spot.
Any ideas on that Jan?
Thanks so much for your help.

Pim
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, Joomla 3 still uses some features from Mootools library.

E.g. with help of this plugin:
https://www.phoca.cz/phoca-upgrade-system-plugin

you can try to disable Mootools. Maybe it can help.

Jan

https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/29121