phoca maps problem showing map

Phoca Maps - displaying maps in Joomla! CMS
BOYZZ123
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

phoca maps problem showing map

Post by BOYZZ123 »

ello everybody,

Since a day or two i am trying to setup my website with Joomla extensions. And this espeacially with Photo gallery apllications.
I started with Gallery2 from menalto but i can't get the google maps function to work to satisfaction. So i want to try the one from PHOCA because this looks very well.

But with this i have a problem:

Ik installed de Phoca Map extension, this is also showing in the tab "components" so this looks alright.
I have installed the API key,(i first had a wrong one installed and the program gave a error about it) but with the current one i do not have this error so this look alright also.

Only when i want to create a new Map and want to see the preview i only see a white slide and after a minute there is stil not map showing.

I also have little bug or part of the problem :? in the control panel of the Phoca maps the SEAL (logo) is not shown. the path of the picture is /Joomla/administrator/components/com_phocamenu/assets/images/logo-phoca.png.
But the com_phocamenu dir does not exists.

I am using version 1.0.2. Phoca Maps
and Joomla! 1.5.1 and phocagallery v2.2.4

I hope that someone can help me? and i not thanks for the effort of reading this
Last edited by Benno on 02 Mar 2021, 22:21, edited 1 time in total.

Tags:
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: phoca maps problem showing map

Post by Benno »

Hi,
I think it's a very bad idea to start a new project with a 13 year old and therefore completely outdated and insecure Joomla! Version. This version is no longer supported for a long long time and does therefore not receive bug fixes any more. The same for extensions made for this J! Version.
I can't say anything about your problems with Phoca Maps, because for security reasons I don't even run a test site with J1.5 anymore.
and i not thanks for the effort of reading this
:wink:

Kind regards,
Benno
BOYZZ123
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by BOYZZ123 »

Benno wrote: 02 Mar 2021, 22:17 Hi,
I think it's a very bad idea to start a new project with a 13 year old and therefore completely outdated and insecure Joomla! Version. This version is no longer supported for a long long time and does therefore not receive bug fixes any more. The same for extensions made for this J! Version.
I can't say anything about your problems with Phoca Maps, because for security reasons I don't even run a test site with J1.5 anymore.
and i not thanks for the effort of reading this
:wink:

Kind regards,
Benno
Thanks man, i have installed the new version.
Last edited by Benno on 11 Mar 2021, 17:12, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link removed
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

Ok.