No maps, grey box... again but the link works

Phoca Maps - displaying maps in Joomla! CMS
bokumoto
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

No maps, grey box... again but the link works

Post by bokumoto »

working fine with joomla 2 for years, phoca maps does not works at 100% with joomla 3 in

https://www.mundusmaris.org/index.php/e ... l=&start=1

and in other pages of the same site; the grey box is when is used the tag {phocamaps view=map|id=1}, below see Link to Map, inserted with the other tag {phocamaps view=link|id=1|text=Link to Map}

yes, the api is inserted in Phoca Maps options, the plugin is enabled and published... and the link works, the marker works

joomla 3.7.5, Phoca Maps 3.04, plugin 3.0.4

any idea?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: No maps, grey box... again but the link works

Post by Jan »

Hi, on your site, there is a javascript error:
MenuMatic_0.68.3.js:110 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'getElements' of null

I think you need to have some newer template working in Joomla! 3. Try to test it with another template, if you get the same error (javascript error - see - https://www.phoca.cz/documents/16-jooml ... -conflicts

Anyway, did you add the API key into the Phoca Maps Options?

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
bokumoto
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by bokumoto »

thanks for your reply, Jan

the template is Phoca_rhein... just a moment!

I tried: nothing changes with Phoca_t (used before), Purity_III or Beez3: always the gray box

perhaps it is because Firefox does not support anymore Java? bur also Edge and Chrome displays gray box instead of map, and in separate window the maps works, in any browser

Paolo
bokumoto
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by bokumoto »

just an update

probably as suggested from Jan I have a conflict between different java libraries, but it is not reasonable to disable any component or plugin to search the bad one, because the site must be fully working and may be the bad library is necessary and cannot be disabled or unistalled

so I decided to simply insert the maps in popup windows, that are fully working

very surprised to see that in the italian version of an article, https://www.mundusmaris.org/index.php/i ... l=&start=2, the map - not working in the page before - was displayed... I copied the second tag to the other page, perhaps a mistake in the tag? no, the tag was correct and the same but the map was not displayed here; returned to the page with the map displayed: disappeared now.... only the gray box

not useful at all; but funny...

P.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, yes, it can happen that each page (even changed by language only) can load different javascript libraries but it can display different content.

For example, if the javascript includes some string when it is displayed in one language, the string can contain e.g. ' but other language does not use the ' (apostrophe) and such apastrophe when not prepared can break the javascript code :idea:

Jan
bokumoto
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by bokumoto »

It's a long way to Tipperary....

fortunately I can manage the problem inserting the maps in a popup window; better also: you are not limited from the dimensions of the frame

thanks for your support,

Paolo
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok