Map with Sub-set of Existing Markers

Phoca Maps - displaying maps in Joomla! CMS
KWadson
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Map with Sub-set of Existing Markers

Post by KWadson »

After setting up and automated system to add markers, I have a common map that shows all my article locations. Which is great! One part done, but now I need to have a map in each article that shows just the article's own marker.
So, without creating a new map and marker exclusive to each article (which would be quite the mess), is there a good way in the shortcode to show a specific or set of markers on a single map set for this purpose?

Perhaps to keep things clean, it would be possible to create but not store a map on page load (similar to a Google map), and add the existing marker to the map. Does Phoca have a way to create a map in an html page, separate from the backend? Maybe I am thinking about this wrong, and I need to just set up an OpenStreet map and try to add the marker to it?

Just brainstorming on how to get started on this task, so insight on the inner workings would be welcome.

Thank you!
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Map with Sub-set of Existing Markers

Post by Jan »

Hi, in Phoca Maps there is no option to add markers after rendering the map (e.g. with help of Javascript). I am not sure, but I think, this will be the same difficulty as the current solution - you still need to somehow somewhere define which markers belongs to which map :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project