Map ID issue

Phoca Maps - displaying maps in Joomla! CMS
thepimster
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Map ID issue

Post by thepimster »

Hi Jan,
I currently have over 400 Museum Ships on my site site, and every page has a map inserted to show its location. I use the Map ID to keep track of the total number. So in below exmaple I added the Sarinda-ML1392 as the last ship, and that page show her location via Map ID 404

Recently I made some mistakes and deleted the last map several times. As a result, when I add the next ship, the O'Brien, the software gives it the sequential 405 ordering number as in the next screenshot:

But in the Maps list it receives the Map ID 408, as I previously deleted maps 405, 406 and 407, see next screenshot:

The database also jumps from 404 to 408, shown by the following picture:

So I edited the database, and everything looks good:

Even in the Map list everything now shows ok, and the last Map ID is now 405 as it should be, but when I add another ship it jumps from 405 to 409 and I have to edit the databse again.
Is there a way I can fix this permanently?
Thanks so much!
Pim
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Map ID issue

Post by Jan »

Hi, this is auto increment function of the database. It just counts all new items and there is no feature to go back and replace. Because then it can be confusing. E.g. if there are 200 items and you will delete item # 130. Database will not make new item as 130 because this can break all possible connections.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project