Multipage PDF

Phoca PDF - creating PDF documents in Joomla! CMS
kgvweb
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Multipage PDF

Post by kgvweb »

Hi there,

is it possible to create first page of PDF different to following pages? The first page of PDF should be printed to a pre-build letterhead. So on the first page there should be a space of about 10 cm to the top. On the following pages the space to the top should only have the standard 2cm.

Greetings and thanks for hint
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Multipage PDF

Post by Jan »

Hi, for now there is no such option, so I think, this must be directly modified in the code, but hard to give some advices, no idea if this could be possible with TCPDF class :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
kgvweb
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by kgvweb »

Oh ok, no good news here :-(

I don't know anything about TCPDF. You write "for now" there is no such option... Does it mean you try to add such an option in future versions? Would be very great.

Thanks for replying anyway!!!!
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, I can take a look at it but I think, there is no such feature in TCPDF class (this class produces the PDF output), so for now really no idea if this even can be done. :idea:

Jan
kgvweb
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by kgvweb »

for my project, it would be helpful if there was an option for adding a space, which only take effect when pdf is created. don't know if this is possible, or where i could add a div or empty table ignored from frontend, but included from phocapdf. is there any css class or something like that?

edit: since I don't know anything abpout TCPDF, I'm wondering if there are any "hidden" css-declarations used to create the pdf. If I could simply get TCPDF to add a space infront of the first text...
kgvweb
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by kgvweb »

And one more try. Found this by google:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/951 ... e-document

don't know if this can help... sounds good, but since I don't know how tcpdf works, I don't know where I can use this solutions...

It's all greek to me -.- hope you can do anything with it. This really overtax my basic knowledgement of html, css or php...
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, it is a little bit complicated as it seems. You can set with help of TCPDF different features even specific pages, but this is valid for manual adding items to the page not for transforming HTML to PDF which is used in Joomla! - there is no adding each sentence to PDF but whole HTML output is transformed to PDF (and inside this transformation there is no feature to somehow produce another type of page, etc.) :idea:

Jan