Can this work with 'Error 404'?

Phoca SEF - redirect extension for Joomla! CMS
TheWraith
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Can this work with 'Error 404'?

Post by TheWraith »

I like Phoca SEF's component for managing redirections to other URLs. What the product is lacking is the ability to customize a 404 error page. For that purpose, I use "Error 404":
http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... pages/9309

However, with Error 404 enabled Phoca SEF doesn't receive the 404 information. So, I can customize my 404 error page, and the "Error 404" component sends me an email notifying me (as I desire), but I can't manage the redirection with Phoca SEF.

If Phoca SEF had email notification options AND the ability to customize the 404 error page presented, I wouldn't need additional components. Is there a way to get Phoca SEF to work with Error 404?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Can this work with 'Error 404'?

Post by Jan »

Hi, Phoca SEF is redirect component, it redirects your site in case the 404 is launching. Normally, 404 is an easy html file which can be edited in every editor... If you have used some specific 404 site, you need to paste the Phoca SEF (see documetation) code to this specific 404 :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, sorry I don't understand?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, still not understand :-(

Phoca SEF will run in case, your 404 is called and the wrong url is defined in Phoca SEF, in such case, the site will not display 404 but will be redirect to new site.

Jan