Change the background image of the page

Phoca Templates - templates for Joomla! CMS
jourdaon
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Change the background image of the page

Post by jourdaon »

Hello,
I would like to know how to change the background image of the page, we can put a color but not an image, I would also like to know if we can put an image in background of the menu.
Thank you

Tags:
christine
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Change the background image of the page

Post by christine »

Hi,

Background of page mostly under: class body
Image in background of menue navigation? > menus > your menue > Link Type > Link image.

In generell: It depends, which template you are using.

Kind regards
Christine
jourdaon
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by jourdaon »

Hello,
Excuse me, I think I forgot to give all the information, insert a background is normally something simple, but there is the template Premiere with Gantry 5. So I do not see endoit or insert this background. ..
Thank you

http://www.misso-shop.com/BB_code_image ... re1.fw.png
christine
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by christine »

Hi,

checked Premiere template with inspector. Background of the page:
#g-main {
padding: 0rem 0;
background: #fff;
color: #565656;
}
to be changed in your custom.css

Kind regards
Christine
jourdaon
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by jourdaon »

Hello Christine,

This custom file. CSS, found in templates / phoca_premiere / custom / css-compiled?
It's empty...
and when I add
# g-main {
padding: 0rem 0;
background-image: url ('https://www.misso-shop.com/images/nuage_background.jpg');
}
It does not change anything
Thank you
jourdaon
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by jourdaon »

It is really a gas plant this gantry 5, you can not change anything without it taking the lead, I wanted to use Premiere to benefit from the Menu Icons Phoca Cart, but frankly, it's painful to configure. in addition I use this theme just for a page "Shop heading". I wanted to put my menu in Uppercase, impossible! reduce the size of the font, impossible ... a background background on my menu, impossible ... just things feasible in 5 minutes with Dreamweaver ...
Excuse me, I thought aloud ... ;-)
christine
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by christine »

Hi,

yes, your custom.css is empty. Whenever you want to change/add codes, you should write it to your custom.css. After this, it will be compiled.
I see: # g-main {codes ...} with a space after the # and also a space after the word: url
I also checked your URL, but can't find the menu for your shop with template Premiere.

Kind regards
Christine
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, yes, it is not easy to manage Gantry at start but then it is very powerful framework.

Custom.css or Custom.scss are always empty at start and there you can add own CSS code which will be not removed when upgrading.

It is not standard CSS but SCSS which means it can include variables. But this means, when you do a change, it needs to be recompiled in options of Gantry so all possible variables can be calculated.

- when changes are done, the "Development" options should be set instead of "Production"
- when you recompile the CSS it is good to clear the cache
- and if it is done in e.g. Google Chrome, it is good to start F12 to enable Google develoment tools and disable the cache so you can see the changes on your site when reloading:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
jourdaon
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by jourdaon »

Hello,
Yes sorry christine, spaces are due to the fact that I use google translator to write messages on this forum, I'm french and I speak very bad English, so Google is my friend. I did not notice he had spaces. But in my code, I obviously have no space ... I'm going to test the manip of Jan, it's maybe due to that ... I use the model 17, it is necessary to write in Custom17.css?
For the shop, yes it does not appear on the site because I'm developing, you have to be registered to see it. which suits me because I do not have registered for the moment ;-)
Thank you both ... I check and I'll let you know.
Cordially.
Thierry
jourdaon
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by jourdaon »

Hello

Well, I tried everything, it does not work, however I noticed that when I put my code in Custom17.css and I do the manipulation, when I reopen the file, there is no code. ..
Is this a good sign?
Cordially.
Thierry