Phoca Templates - templates for Joomla! CMS
aabild
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

How can I make my page responsive?

Post by aabild »

Hello
As a newbie I have a question.
I have made a Homepage with Phoca gweld-standard. It does not look right on Smartphone and Tablett. How can I Change it so it does?
I would greatly appreciate any help.
Thanks.
aabild
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: How can I make my page responsive?

Post by Jan »

Hi, Phoca Gweld is stylized by bootstrap 3, so it should be displayed in smartphones or tables like bootstrap 3 framework.

But of course it depends on which part you are using it, if some component, which is not responsive is displayed inside the template, the template cannot influence it :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
aabild
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by aabild »

Thanks for your answer.
The view on Tablett does not allow the drop down menue to be activated.
Maybe a look at
www.huntersvonabildgaard.de could explain what I mean. It is "zucht" and the submenue is "Wurfplanung". It works fine on PC, but not on Tablett.
How can I fix this?
I also tried to istall the new Phoca Gweld template and I get the following message.

JInstaller: :Install: Das Kopieren der Datei „/var/www/vhosts/huntersvonabildgaard.de/httpdocs/tmp/install_56c16993c803e/index.php“ nach „/var/www/vhosts/huntersvonabildgaard.de/httpdocs/templates/phoca_gweld/index.php“ ist fehlgeschlagen.

Template Installation: Die Dateien aus der files Quelle konnten nicht kopiert werden.

Sorry, it is in German. How can I fix this?

Thanks for your time and help.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, I see no problem when I test it with the size of tablet (I do not have tablet so I cannot test it on tablet, but I test it in PC and see no problem with menu - it is set like standard bootstrap menus for me :idea: ) The problem is, I cannot say what can be wrong there as the menu is managed by bootstrap styling :idea: But maybe, there are some option in bootstrap to not display submenus in the menu, really no idea, I think, such problem is not by mobile phones, so it should not be in tablets.

Copying - it seems like there is some permissions or ownership of files and folders problem - Joomla! cannot overwrite existing files on your server. Try to check the setting - e.g. FTP layer enable or disable to test if Joomla! can overwrite the files :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project