To Resize phoca_t template wrt screen resolution

Phoca Templates - templates for Joomla! CMS
alpana
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

To Resize phoca_t template wrt screen resolution

Post by alpana »

Hi Team,

I am using phoca_t template for my website. I work on 1024*768 screen resolution. The template width fits this screen perfectly. But this is only the localhost machine. When the website is viewed in a resolution higher than the one mentioned , the site in FF and Chrome shifts to the left, leaving blank spaces in the right hand side; and in IE 7.0 the site gets oriented in the center and leaves out space on both the left and right hand sides

The actual live server shall work on a different resolution. And the website maybe viewed in any resolution. I wish to inquire how is it possible to fit the template dynamically to the screen resolution? :!:

Thanks in advance for the help
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: To Resize phoca_t template wrt screen resolution

Post by Jan »

Hi, testing now on large screens and get no problem, the template is set to center :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
alpana
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by alpana »

Hi Jan ,
Thank you so much for your quick reply. Well I am testing on 1280X1024, and in FF and Chrome site gets panned to the left. Can I shift it center by floating the tag body in the layout.css?
Also does making any tag have "position : absolute" in the css files effect the fluidity of the webpage. Maybe I must have made some changes which are effecting my site.

Will let you know if I find appropriate answer...

:)
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok
alpana
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by alpana »

Hi Jan,

Sorry for reopening the topic, but I have tested your template, phoca_t on various screen resolutions . Maximum of them being 1900 x 1200. I require that the website be fluid, such that it can be viewed in any resolution, and its contents fit themselves accordingly. I tested your template at 1600 x 900 resolution and found that the template doesn't adapt its width to the size of the screen.
Is there any way you that you can suggest of that will help me make the site fluid. I have been successful in making its width 100% , so that it fits the resolution size.

Problem now is that I am placing an image in phoca_content1 div, and the image or the div doesn't get resized when the resolution reduces. I have also used css to cause all img tags to take up 100% of their width.
FYI the image I am using in phoca_content1 is 1000px x 1000px.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, Phoca T is static template not fluid, so for now I am not able to say what all needs to be done to make it fluid as I don't have any experiences for now :-(

Jan