Phoca Open Graph Plugin Twitter Card Help

Phoca plugins - support for all Phoca plugins except Phoca Gallery plugins
tazzarkin
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Phoca Open Graph Plugin Twitter Card Help

Post by tazzarkin »

Two things:

1) Are there instructions on how to use Twitter Card Settings in the Open Graph Plugin and the Open Graph System Plugin? I looked at your instructions, and there was nothing listed for those options. If there is a location, please send me the link.

2) Is there a search option in this forum? I tried finding a forum search option (to find Twitter Card questions) and I couldn't find anywhere that would allow me to search the Forum (the Google Custom Search doesn't work).

Thank you in advance for any help.
tazzarkin
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Re: Phoca Open Graph Plugin Twitter Card Help

Post by tazzarkin »

When I run the Twitter Validator, it does not show the image (see picture below).

How do I get the image to show?

https://imgur.com/9Nr7287
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, first of all, check your html source code, if the tags are listed there, if the path to image is right and if the image fits the image rules.

When I make twitter posts, sometimes, the image is not included but when I test it second time, everything is OK there (hard to say what can be wrong in communication between twitter and the server - but this happens now rarely)

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
tazzarkin
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by tazzarkin »

Jan,

Thank you for the reply, as well as the suggestions.

I think that maybe it had something to do with the article. My other articles worked fine, but in this one instance, Twitter seemed to be against it. Every other article worked fine.

However, I still think that the forum (and plugin) should have some Twitter Card instructions. Maybe it got added to the plugin later (after the instructions were originally written). Twitter card instructions would really help first-time users.

I just want to say the plugin is really a great thing to have, and thankful to Phoca for making it. It really is a benefit to the Joomla community.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, yes, the twitter card feature was added later, so yes, the documentation needs to be updated.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project