Phoca Plugin Open Graph Content

Phoca plugins - support for all Phoca plugins except Phoca Gallery plugins
mobilwdix
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Phoca Plugin Open Graph Content

Post by mobilwdix »

If anyone can help it may take my headache away. I am in Joomla. I installed this plug in and cannot find any simple instructions on how to actually get it to work in my articles.

There are fields to set from the plug in in the Plug In dashboard, I think it's what it's called. There are tabs for each and I have no idea really what to add. I would like to choose the photos for social media to share from each article. I do not want to set one there because I would like to set a different photo with each article. Right now, reason I even messed with getting a plug in, am getting " og:image " error om FB debugger and errors in Twitter that there is nothing to fetch. I have spent all day and yesterday on this.

Please help me out. I am not a web developer but have been having no issues until a couple months ago with FB and Twitter. Now all social media.

If you have a link with simple step by step instructions including what to insert in fields, or at least define the meaning and purpose of each field...that would be great. If there is a step I need to take to make these options show up int he JCE Editor in Joomla for the articles as I create or edit them...that would be awesome.

Thank you for your help if you can help. And remember I am a tech idiot if that helps you choose less jargon to help me with my dilemma. Best wishes.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Phoca Plugin Open Graph Content

Post by Jan »

Hi, if you install the plugin and enable it then as default it works and not specific settings must be done. If you then will make changes, just then you go to Options.

If you have problems with displaying images on FB, try to see FB rules for the images:

- the image should have some minimum size
- the "Render Type" option needs to be set to "Property" for FB
- etc.

See:
https://www.phoca.cz/documents/70-phoca ... aph-plugin
https://www.phoca.cz/documents/70-phoca ... open-graph
https://www.phoca.cz/documents/70-phoca ... open-graph

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
mobilwdix
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by mobilwdix »

Hi Jan, Thank you!

I changed Render Type to "property" and it seems to have fixed most of the errors but it is still not showing image on Twitter but seems to be showing it on Facebook (tested in a private group). There are more than one image in the article. Is it not able to choose at least one of them? You don't have to help more but it would be helpful to get this nightmare off my bed. ;) Thank you again. Your screenshot and notations were extremely helpful for me to find the exact way to change the render type!
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, try to see your HTML code (Head section) and see if both tags (some for FB, some for Twitter) are displayed there.

Try to enable Tweets with cards:

Jan
mobilwdix
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by mobilwdix »

Hi and thank you again Jan!

I had selected "Enable Tweets with Cards" and summary lg image too.

Again, not a developer but did go in to look over the index.php code and see a Facebook Pixel script but there is nothing referring to Twitter. Looking at the code in the article itself, there are no Facebook or Twitter references in the code.

I have noticed on Twitter that a lot of websites are having the same issue except for large sites like news media or big enterprise type website links. There must be a way to get the images to preview from our website and articles on Twitter.

I really appreciate your time and effort.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, if you look at the "Phoca" Twitter account, you will see that it is not a problem with Phoca Open Graph plugin displying the images on Twitter.

It is always important, that the instructions are in the HTML source code. If not, then e.g. the site is not an article.

Phoca Open Graph Content plugin is a content plugin used in articles
Phoca Open Graph System plugin is a system plugin used everywhere except the articles

So first you should detect what type is the page you are previewing (if article or another part) and then use the right plugin.

Jan
mobilwdix
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by mobilwdix »

Hi, I understand. I have both activated and installed. I was looking at the website template code in index.php but also opened the Article and found that to have nothing mentioning FB or Twitter. I still see Phoca is savvy with this and I am sure your Tweets with URLS have no issues. ;)

Unfortunately, I am not a Hero like you are but just trying to get the links from my articles, which are now working on Facebook...thanks to YOU to also display the image in the link. When I google this issue there is an overload of advice and some of it is selling other plugins.

Thank you!
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, you should not open the index.php but see the source HTML code of your site with browser, e.g. per Google Dev Tools, to see if the tags are rendered there.

Jan
mobilwdix
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by mobilwdix »

Thanks Jan. Did that. They are not there. I give up. I appreciate your help. Maybe with the next Joomla update it will be fixed. For now I will just share an image with a link and some text. If I find another plug in I'll try and see if it can help. Thanks again.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok