6 Warnings even though tags exist

Phoca plugins - support for all Phoca plugins except Phoca Gallery plugins
bluesteam
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

6 Warnings even though tags exist

Post by bluesteam »

Hi,

I don't know if this is a Facebook Debugger BUG or something else but even though the tags exist in the RAW source code, facebook still says it is not there. Am I doing something wrong?

Check the source of this URL: https://www.bluesteam.net/information/b ... e-discount

But putting it through facebook debugger it says the following:
Warnings That Should Be Fixed
Inferred Property The 'og:url' property should be explicitly provided, even if a value can be inferred from other tags.
Inferred Property The 'og:title' property should be explicitly provided, even if a value can be inferred from other tags.
Inferred Property The 'og:description' property should be explicitly provided, even if a value can be inferred from other tags.
Inferred Property The 'og:image' property should be explicitly provided, even if a value can be inferred from other tags.
Share App ID Missing The 'fb:app_id' property should be explicitly provided, Specify the app ID so that stories shared to Facebook will be properly attributed to the app. Alternatively, app_id can be set in url when open the share dialog.
Inferred Property The 'og:image' property should be explicitly provided, even if a value can be inferred from other tags.

Code: Select all

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0" />
<meta charset="utf-8" />
<meta name="og:title" content="Bulk Package Discounts" />
<meta name="og:type" content="article" />
<meta name="og:image" content="https://www.bluesteam.net/images/articles/bulk-discount-badge.png" />
<meta name="og:url" content="https://www.bluesteam.net/information/bulk-package-discount" />
<meta name="og:site_name" content="BlueSteam Web Hosting" />
<meta name="og:description" content="BlueSteam Web Hosting, is a privately owned South African based business that offers very affordable internationally hosted web services exclusively for South African citizens and designed for the success of your web enterprise. Whether you already run a growing web business or merely want to set up your first website, we have the solution for you." />
<meta name="fb:app_id" content="109588929724235" />
<meta name="author" content="Super User" />
<meta name="description" content="Take advantage of our bulk package discount by qualifying for up to 20% off all your packages.  This often has big benefits for web designers who can keep a little extra in their pocket when satisfying the need to purchase a lot of packages to serve your clients." />
<meta name="generator" content="Joomla! - Open Source Content Management" />
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: 6 Warnings even though tags exist

Post by Jan »

Hi,

try to change "name" to "property" - you can switch this in options of the plugin.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
cealocanth
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by cealocanth »

Same issue here - fixed now!

Even though I had the "name" changed to "property" in "Phoca OG Content", I still had the issue. I eventually resolved it by installing the "Phoca SYSTEM OG" plugin as well, enabling it, and simply changing the render type to "property" there too. Voila - after many hours it worked.

Just to double check thiswas the solution, I switched "Phoca OG Sytem" plugin back to render type "name" - and it broke on the https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/og/object/ check. Switched back to render type "property" - and it's working.

I hope this helps someone else.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok, thank you for the info.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project