It is a pity that the developers have not found time to answer ((
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Phoca download: Most popular files

Post by Benno »

Hi,
I'm afraid you misunderstand something. There are no developers at the Phoca project, who does not answer, there is only one Jan and it's not because he's ignoring your thread, but because of a time problem. He's not a professional developer, so he can not live on that, he has a normal 8 hour job every day as you and me. And this job has unfortunately nothing to do with developing.. :(

Kind regards,
Benno
mazurik
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by mazurik »

Benno wrote: 10 Sep 2019, 23:37 Hi,
I'm afraid you misunderstand something. There are no developers at the Phoca project, who does not answer, there is only one Jan and it's not because he's ignoring your thread, but because of a time problem. He's not a professional developer, so he can not live on that, he has a normal 8 hour job every day as you and me. And this job has unfortunately nothing to do with developing.. :(

Kind regards,
Benno
Oh. I really didn't know that...
But still, it is strange not to have a standard module in the set... Again, same module have almost all the components with which I worked. The latest materials, popular materials - well, you probably know too...
Moreover, it is unclear why this module is for older versions of Joomla, but for actual no???
And it is not clear why one of the modules is distributed only to developers???

In my case, this puts an end to all the advantages of this component... Unfortunately...
christine
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by christine »

Hi,
mazurik wrote: 11 Sep 2019, 09:27 Moreover, it is unclear why this module is for older versions of Joomla, but for actual no???
Maybe it works also for Joomla3 resp. that information is (maybe) not updated. Just give it a try and if there is an inconsistency, inform us about responses (failures) etc. Jan could check codes etc.

Kind regards
Christine
mazurik
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by mazurik »

christine wrote: 11 Sep 2019, 11:34 Hi,
mazurik wrote: 11 Sep 2019, 09:27 Moreover, it is unclear why this module is for older versions of Joomla, but for actual no???
Maybe it works also for Joomla3 resp. that information is (maybe) not updated. Just give it a try and if there is an inconsistency, inform us about responses (failures) etc. Jan could check codes etc.

Kind regards
Christine
No, it is not installed. I tried.
mazurik
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by mazurik »

Dear Jan. I ask you if possible to adapt the Phoca Download Statistics Module module for Joomla 3.9+.
Thanks in advance!
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, there are 3 modules:

Phoca Download File module - it just displays list of files - e.g. latest files, see demo: https://www.phoca.cz/download (see the bottom of the page). This module can display most popular files as you can order the list of files in this module:

Phoca Download Statistics module - obsolete module which displayed e.g. count of downloaded files

Phoca Download Chart Statistics module - module which displays the same like Phoca Download Statistics module but with help of charts. As this module was much more attractive, it just replaced the Phoca Download Statistics module and because it was sufficient to display statistics data (even with more attractive way), nobody just asked for maintaining Phoca Download Statistics module.

Phoca Download Statistics module was written for PHP4 and Joomla! 1.5 - so it still works on Joomla! 1.5 websites but in fact it is more than 9 years old and obsolete (last update was in 2010)

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
mazurik
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by mazurik »

Thanks for the clarification.
Unfortunately, in my case, the issue remains unresolved.
I just need a list of files with the number of downloads. Like this:
I need the module for the sidebar. I do not see any sense in displaying statistics in the form of charts and graphs. On serious sites this looks at least misplaced...
It is a pity that the Phoca Download Statistics module is no longer supported (((
As much as I would like to, but will have to use some other component.
Thank you For Your work and wonderful component!
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, I think, if you need the obsolete module, you can try to update it so it fits new Joomla! version. It was just not maintained because nobody used it. The next option is to write own module e.g. based on the chart statistics module and instead of rendering the data in javascript, render it as simple html.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project