Adsense - how to open links/ads in new window

Phoca modules - support for all Phoca modules except Phoca Gallery modules
jappiecr
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Adsense - how to open links/ads in new window

Post by jappiecr »

Hi,

Is it possible to have the ad's in this module to open in a Blank window? I don;t want to loose my visitors when they click on an ad...

Thanks!
Jappie
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Adsense - how to open links/ads in new window

Post by Jan »

Hi all this is managed by the content - by Google AdSense behaviour - so this is more a Google developers question :idea: The module has no feature to somehow change the settings of the AdSense.
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
jappiecr
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by jappiecr »

would it be possible to add a simple option to the module manager "URL Target Window" and than the options of "parent/new window/pop up" like I see in some other modules? Thanx in advanced, I appreciate it very much!
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, in Google AdSense there is no URL so you cannot manage it in your system (Joomla!) - The link is created in the Ads (in fact in javascript of Google AdSense API). The displayed ads is not on your server, it is displayed by javascript for the user (it has nothing to do with the server so you cannot set it in your Joomla! as it is not displayed in your Joomla! - it is displayed by javascript outsite your Joomla! directly in browser for users)

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
jappiecr
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by jappiecr »

allright, thanx!
Delrio9
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by Delrio9 »

jappiecr wrote: 30 May 2013, 06:17 Hi,

Is it possible to have the ad's in this module to open in a Blank window? I don;t want to loose my visitors when they click on an ad...

Thanks!
Jappie
Infinite scrolling is tricky. It can be good UX in one sense because it can deliver content without interruption. It can be bad UX if not handled well. Coming "back" to an infinite scroll page should take you to where you left off in most cases. Handling that tricky problem is your job. Just forcing links to open in new tabs so that problem never comes up is avoiding your job.